computer gets slugish when o/c'ed ??

golfer07

In Runtime
i have the venice 939 3500 and i o/c'ed it to 2.4 and now everything loads slower and just seems slugish why is that ??

how hot is the machine running? It might be you overclocked to much and its too hot to run or you underclocked it. im not sure, what heatsink you running?

ok its not over heating its nothign to do with that its at like 32 idle and no i didnt underclock cuz i went from 2.2 to 2.4

how do u check the temperature on ur computer i o/c'ed mine too and it seems to run quite a hell of alot slower

That happened to me too, I overclocked mine (I didn't know what I was doing, won't happen again) and the startup was really slow, and alot of stuff ran really slow, like opening up folders etc, it even stopped my fan working.

But I reset it and everythin's fine now so...

ok i overclocked mine and like u i didnt no what i was doing and now everything is really really slow and i dunno how to get it back to how it was b4...

well since everything seems to be slower it could be the ram. Try to increase (yes increase) the ram timing a little, or then decrease (yes, decrease) the ram speed.

Just because when u raise the FSB while oc'ing u are also making the ram work harder. And doing one of the above things will reduce the load that the ram has.
But since u only oc'd 200mhz I doubt it's the ram, but still worth checking out.

mammikoura said:
well since everything seems to be slower it could be the ram. Try to increase (yes increase) the ram timing a little, or then decrease (yes, decrease) the ram speed.

Just because when u raise the FSB while oc'ing u are also making the ram work harder. And doing one of the above things will reduce the load that the ram has.
But since u only oc'd 200mhz I doubt it's the ram, but still worth checking out.

Since he said he didn't know what he was doing I don't think it wise for him to fiddle about with it anymore.

Go into the BIOS on startup (there should be an on-screen prompt to tell you which key to press, may say 'setup' instead of BIOS) and find the menu with all the clock settings information (on mine it's called 'advanced BIOS settings') and you should be able to reset the clock speeds with a press of a button. Simply save it and exit.

EDIT: This is for WOOT, sorry about that mammikoura

ok so i did waht u said nd fixed up the clock speeds and then i reset the computer and i was gonna go back into the bios i hit delete and then im supposed to hit f8 to get into the bios and then 3/4 of the way down the screen there was a message:
"Overclocking Failed! please go into setup and reconfigure your system"
and im just gonna give up for today and maybe try tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom