Having trouble with my conection

thedoc757

Baseband Member
I'm having trouble conecting to the internet, every time I conect it loses the conection and, tries to reconect.Also my computer is running alot slower. Please reply

Can you give us more info,

Example Operating system, how you connect to the internet?

have you checked with your isp and bt to confirm they arent having technical difficulty's.

When did it start to happen?

Have you done the obvious; checked for adaware spyware?

If its a modem Hard wired through usb disconnect all cables for 5 mins and reconnect.

need more info to be specific

I use Dail up for my conection .I have checked my cables throughly. It started happening about five days ago. I have ran virus scans and spyware , adware scans every day now. I have ran computer check ups too. My computer is loading at least 60% slower lately,even turning on my computer takes a while and the computer is new. thank you for replying , please reply again.

What programs do you use to search for spyware, adware, and viruses?
This will let us know what we are dealing with, and the overall conclusion about if your computer is really rid of spyware, adware, and/or a virus.

Do you have any of the AOL programs installed? I know they are supposed to be offering free utilities to remove this type of stuff. I'm not sure how effective it is though. If your connection keeps dropping, it could be anything from noise on the phone line, to the AOL server kicking you off. Have you tried to talk with AOL? If not, give it a try.

Try switching telephone numbers when dialing out. There are usually more than one local numbers to dial out for Dial-Up connections.

I 've tried switching numbers, and Aol said they would get back to me, and when they did, they said they could not find the problem

I think I found the problem I think I have a virus, hacker, but my mcafee is not detecting it can any body tell me why. oyeah also i'm going to post in the security/hacking forum

download avg...I had macafee on my pc, and it wouldnt find anything. But then i downloaded avg and it found some files

Back
Top Bottom