What am I doing wrong?

Lil_Tammy

Baseband Member
I've put my computer into a new case, wired everything up but don't see anything on the monitor when I turn it on. I tried taking out the graphics card and using the on board one instead but still nothing. Any ideas to what I've done? It powers up - fans turn on cd drives work etc.

ha, have you been playing in the bios by any chance?
you may have dissabled something in there. i once did that and could not get any graphics up whatever i did.
everything works, but nothing on the monitor!
woz

All I've done is switch cases - transfer all the hardware from the old case to the new one.

that happend to me. flash the bios with a jumper that fixed it for me.

that might do the trick,
i think i disabled something like "vga support" or something like that and it cleared my monitor! it basicaly removes all means of showing graphics. and because you cant see what is on the monitor, you can't do anything! im sure i ended up having to reformat!!
but im not to hot on this sort of thing so i may be wrong.
woz

wozelbeak said:
that might do the trick,
i think i disabled something like "vga support" or something like that and it cleared my monitor! it basicaly removes all means of showing graphics. and because you cant see what is on the monitor, you can't do anything! im sure i ended up having to reformat!!
but im not to hot on this sort of thing so i may be wrong.
woz
But I haven't done anything in the BIOS - I don't even know how to access it :p

This could be one of a few reasons, the most common is the on/off power switch at the front of the Computer hasn't been connected correctly to the motherboard.

Re-check that all the cable/wires from the power supply and the switches/lights at the front are all correctly connected.

Oh and if the Computer powers up e.g you can hear the hard drives fire up, then check that non of the IDE or floppy cables are in the wrong way around, on some motherboard this prevents it from post booting.

BullDog(UK)

Back
Top Bottom