Need advice on compatibility and some experince..!

drumking15

Beta member
Need advice on compatibility and some experience..!

HEY!

So heres what i've currently got;
- AMD Athlonn XP CPU, upgrading the CPU soon either another XP model or something else if possible. Question 1: what other AMD processors are socket A compatible? Duron? Sempron? (off the top of my head compatible chipsets come from AMD, Nvidia, Sis, Via, and MSI)
- Sis 745 main board; again upgrading shortly, which leads me onto my second question;
- 256mb DDR-SDRAM (I need a motherboard which supports SDRAM, as i don't want to waste 256mb of RAM). Question 2: possible motherboards which support SDRAM, support a decent amount of front side bus and have room for more RAM.
- IDE drive, don't even know what it is! Needs a motherboard compatible to look after it.

I had the MSI (K7N2DELTA2-PLATINUM) motherboard in mind, it ticks all the boxes on the stuff i said above. But, can anyone suggest any other boards (not too bothered on brand) at a smiliar price. Bear in mind the above factors... ;) Thakyou in advance :D

To be honest, you'd spend more money looking for parts for that comp then you would buying a more up-to-date pc... if you still want to try and upgrade the parts... post...

Back
Top Bottom