RAM and MB issues

SigPimpin

Beta member
Ok, I guess i bought a wrong RAM stick for my computer. So right now I'm using a 256 stick and that's not quite cutting it (as I'm sure you all know). So here's my motherboard, what it says about memory and the stick I bought. if you can tell me why it isn't working, that's great and let me know if my motherboard has something weird, or if i was just being too cheap with the RAM...I wanted to save some cash to get the system up and running.

MB:
Epox EP-8HDAI Pro

The mainboard accommodates two PC2100/PC2700/PC3200 184-pin DIMMs (Dual Inline Memory Modules):
• Supports up to 2.0GB of 266/333/400MHz DDR SDRAM.
• The DDR400 only support two maximum unbuffered DIMMs and not
available on registered DIMMs.
• Supports unbuffered DIMM configurations defined in JEDEC DDR DIMM
specification.

RAM:
http://www.omnitechnologies.biz/cgi...fl=C&pg=prod&ref=SPC184512U400G&cat=2&catstr=

*GENERIC*

512 MB (2X256MB) 184pin PC2100 400MHz DDR RAM Upgrade

Like I said, I know it was cheap, but I just wanted to get the system going. I get an error on my MB LED saying that it's not compatible...if anyone could tell me why, that'd be great. I'm gonna buy 512 if this will somehow work, or a gig of RAM once I know why this didn't work. thanks in advance!

Ray J Gentry IV

edit: btw, I don't know if it matters, but I'm using a AMD Sempron 2800...

i realize this type of thing is probably posted a lot, so if someone would just want to pm me or add and im my aim name i'll find you when i get home (bout a half hour) and work with someone individually and we'll let this post fall off the board :D

Ray

well, i feel stupid. i posted the wrong RAM link....here's what i really have:

1 - 512 PC3200 64m X 64

since it's DDR400 RAM, does my motherboard say i have to have two of them? i just need a little insight on this.

Ray J

Back
Top Bottom