pentium 3 problem

Terminator1

Beta member
Guys, I have got this other computer my brother uses. Its a windows 98 se, pentium 3. My brother has recently been getting these errors in the computer. When windows starts and the desktop has been loaded, when we try to open My computer,My documents and Recycle bin, it either dismisses the command or give the error message "Program has performed an illeagle operation and will shutdown". In details of this popup, here is whats written "

Explorer caused in Invalid page fault in module SMPRRPRT.dll at olaf:030fa399.
registers.

Than this message comes,

"An error has occured in Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer will now close.
If you continue to experience problems, please restart your computer."

The problem is that even after restarting, the problem continues and now I cannot access my drives or disk system via windows.

Ps. At the startup, this message comes

Error loading C:\Windows\System\Crazy Talk.dll

I have tried using scandisk to overcome this problem, but it took two days and yet scan disks never finished, as if it kept overriding and restarting itself.

sounds pretty messed up i suggest u just back ur stuff up and reformat

I'll re-installing windows as a last resort. The computer can be accessed via MS dos or safe mode and I happen to have registry mechanic burned in one of my CD-RWs.

the only problem is that, since I wanted to back-up registry mechanic with alot of softwares, I had to rar it. Now I have lost my current copy of registry mechanic(thankgod I wrote down the key inside my secondary pc incase this happened) and I can only rely on the cdrw to save the day. What I need to know is what command should I use in ms dos to unrar the registry mechanic in C: drive so that I can then install it via safemode and remove the harmful contents.

Suppose my CD Disk drive is drive D:

the rar file is in D:\pc utilities

named as registrymechanic.rar.

what command should I use for extracting the contents of the the rar file into drive C: in a folder called Util.

just install it in windows, you'll be able to access it in safe mode. btw, get a virus scanner too.

Ok if your computer is coming up with all these errors then there is almost no way to safe your computer, so say your goodbyes to windows 98. Back up your stuff buy a new copy of XP pro at comp usa, best buy or pcclub. This will save you a lot of pain and headache. Also if your brother wants to spend some extra money have him upgrade is computer.

Back
Top Bottom