Prebuilt Desktop Deathmatch

Yeah, that's a great case too, but I'm not a big fan for 80mm fans. :D 120mm are more for me. :)

it's a nice looking case, although a little plain. It'd be a nice one to do some modding on :D

I'd go for the Alienware (though i've not seen a VoodooPC).

...Just based on the videocards. I don't know much compared to most of you chaps (I'm getting bored of saying that but don't want to get technically slaughtered if what i say is stupid) but a 7800GTX doesn't seem that much compared to those Quaddro things in SLi, i'm probably completely wrong.

That's what a lot of people here are overlooking, methinks. Not sure if I'm correct, either.

TRDCorolla said:
There's no doubt that I'm going to be getting this one, unless I see a new model out very similar to it:

Lian Li PC-60APlus Silver Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112077

I love thumbscrews.

I'm probably getting one similar to that except it's black and has a side-window.

I would say VoodooPC because it's higher quality and has better components.

So this if for stuff like video editing etc?
If so then I'd take the alienware.
If it's for gaming then the Voodoo.

The 8GB ram sounds awesome, but the quadro vid cards are designed for video editing, and the 7800GTX is designed for gaming.

Sorry to be stupid, but...How is a GPU designed more for one application than another? Is it down to how much and how fast the memory on the card in and how fast the processor is...I mean, isn't 'more' just better for whatever you want?

Tell if I'm wrong... but I think the processors and the video card on the Alienware are more powerful than the Voodoo.

Back
Top Bottom