Building a server

Feircepc

Daemon Poster
ok im planning to build a server preferably with a opteron 940 and dont want to spend to much. i already have a case i just need :

CPU:
PSU:
GFX: if needed
HDD:
MOBO:

think those are the basic i just want one for hosting return to castle woflenstein and one that can store stuff from all the pcs in my house.

oops srry posted in wrong spot can someone move it for me please? or is this ok?

It's ok... it'll get moved later. I'd say opteron, indeed, socket 940. But how much do you have to spend?

What are you going to be running on it? windows or linux? You'll need ram too. How about a SCSI, No RAID, 1-2 SCSI Hard Drives attached to onboard SCSI Controller? At least an 80gb hd, more if you want. Cables, a firewall, no gfx, a 450W psu, and any mobo you can find that fits your needs as a server...

well i found an msi one that was nice it but not sure wat os to run i thought about a server os but cost to much so i dont know wat to do i know im getting opterons sledge hammers bu ti need help with the rest. and i going with 1tb of memory.

so what OS? i mean i was thinking linux being most people in return to castle wolfenstein use linux on there server but i want something good so i can run a dedicated server. i was actually even thinking on running it on home edition but im not sure what to do yet. im still thinking about the psu and y dont i need a graphics card to run a game server?

Back
Top Bottom