o/c'ing rly that bad ?

golfer07

In Runtime
o/c'ing really that bad ?

is o/c really that bad ? and dont just say yes or no please explain lol

Type properly from now on. We're intolerant to dyslexia.

Anyway, OCing isn't bad, necessarily. It depends on your needs. If you overclock modestly, you can eek some more performance from your system, but also drain a bit of the hardwares lifespan. The thing is, most hardware will last longer than you'll need it anyway, so effectively removing some of the lifespan to get more from the equipment isn't necessarily a bad thing.

You have to keep an eye on temperatures when OCing, though. You can fry your parts if you're not careful.

some people have lazy eyes and cant read the slang lollll
overclocking isnt bad at all for a gamer since they tend to upgrade regulary.... for an average user i guess its just as okay becuase you'll never keep the computer more than 5 years so you'll never notice....since o\cing takes away from the lifetime of the cpu

No, OC isn't THAT bad. Just don't get it too high and you should have no problems. You get higher number on benchmarks and you may see higher frame rates if you OC the video card too. It's fun and harmless. Just don't be OCing from a 2GHz to a 2.6GHz or higher. It's just crazy. If you do, you really need to know what you are doing. Get water cooling.

2.0 to 2.6? Are you nuts? People on high end air go from 1.8 to 2.7 on their 3000+. Some have gone from 2.0 to 3.0 on the 3200+ with high end air. High end air meaning a TR XP-120/Scythe Ninja with a Delta Triblade SHE. Its not dangerous as long as you are not putting more than 1.6V through an A64.

ownage said:
2.0 to 2.6? Are you nuts? People on high end air go from 1.8 to 2.7 on their 3000+. Some have gone from 2.0 to 3.0 on the 3200+ with high end air. High end air meaning a TR XP-120/Scythe Ninja with a Delta Triblade SHE. Its not dangerous as long as you are not putting more than 1.6V through an A64.

I think he ment for someone new at it..

Good cooling helps too, but I would never clock my CPU that high. 400MHz would probably be the max I ever take it. Even my current OC doesn't come close to that barrier.

your 3500+ can hit 2.8 easily without a sweat. You need an aftermarket cooler though. Since your 3500+ has an 11 multiplier, 300x11 will get you 3.3Ghz. Its very hard on such a high multiplier though.

Defintely an aftermarket cooler or better yet, water-cooled. I'm running all stock which is why I'm chicken to clock that high, which is why I only chose a wimpy 200MHz increase.

that is totally understandable. When im getting AM2, i will be going water as well and see how high i can go. But im pretty sure you can push your 3500+ to 2.4 without breaking a sweat.

Back
Top Bottom