My computer just...died?

MB_Arkestra

Beta member
I really don't know what happened. I was on my computer playing a game online when suddenly I get a "program error" and it locks up. I was able to exit out and get back to my desktop, but from that point on everything was really slooow. This being the case I turn the computer off, but when I try to turn it back on...nothing. It powers up (the fans whir, the LED lights come on) but the screens remains blank and NOTHING starts. There's a long consistent beep I've never heard before when I try to turn it on as well...What's going on here? Some things I should probably mention:

A. I've downloaded a ton of movies from torrent sites over the last few days, could this be a virus perhaps?

B. Having been downloading alot of movies lately, I've left it on alot more than usual over the last week or so. Fried it? Overheated?

C. Before I got the error and went into super slow mode, IE had been crashing on me all day. Which almost NEVER happened before.

What worries me the most is my hard drive. Worst comes to worst I don't mind getting a new comp. as long as I can move my old drive to it to get all my files off. If not though...oh no...Anyone here have any ideas?

Sounds like a case of cheap ram ive had problems like that like 20 times.

And no your computer wont over heat, and if it did it would of turned itself off before any damage could have happend to it and it wont turn back on untill its at a safe running temperature.

If you're overclocking, turn everything back to stock and try to boot up, that beeping is the mobo saying something is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom