Do We Really Need To Overclock Our Componants, Honestly???

1st, I don't think there is a need for a sticky. If the ppl are smart enough to use the search function (I know that many are not enough smart to do this) they will find everything they need to know about oc'ing.

What are the original clock speeds of ur 6600GT?
And try to take the memory clock down a little and then see what happens in 3dMark.

500/1.14 are the orgional settings...I did it automatically with the 'optimum settings'. How does this find them btw??...Does it use the heat of the componant or something?

Wiredchild said:
500/1.14 are the orgional settings...I did it automatically with the 'optimum settings'. How does this find them btw??...Does it use the heat of the componant or something?

I have no idea how it finds them.
I've always oc'd manually, u will most likely get better results and oc'ing is fun.

Is there any program which'll auto-overclock my whole system safely? ...I tried turning on AI N.O.S on my BIOS (I think all Asus boards have that now?), but it prevented my PC starting, so did that Cool 'n' Quiet AMD thing??

No, I don't think that there is a program like that.
There could be something, but it definitely won't get as good results as u do with manual oc'ing. Or if it does, then it definitely isn't safe :p

Just oc manually, u will get better results and it's fun. And addicting...
So once u start oc'ing u will be soon going to some local shop to get a new heatsink. And then soon ur on water cooling :D
Well maybe not, but it sure is addicting.

Wiredchild said:
Is there any program which'll auto-overclock my whole system safely? ...I tried turning on AI N.O.S on my BIOS (I think all Asus boards have that now?), but it prevented my PC starting, so did that Cool 'n' Quiet AMD thing??

There are certain abit boards that wil automatically overclock your cpu or whatever when you open certain programs. I think its called uGuru or somthing.

Personally though I dont think that overclocking my videocard makes a huge difference. Although when I overclock my processor I do see a big difference.

Another cool thing is that I had my processor overclocked to 2.6ghz, which made it the same as a FX-55. Thats sweet to me that I'm getting the same performance as a $800 processor out of one that cost me $300

Back
Top Bottom