Stephen King anyone?

mammikoura

Golden Master
I've read only 3 of his books, and seen I think 2 of the movies based on his books.
Well the books I've read (pet semetery, buick 8 and I can't remember the 3rd ones name) were not that scary, actually I didn't find buick 8 scary at all, but still an ok book.

The movie "It" wasn't that scary either.
But it wasn't until I saw Rose Red (actually I think it's a mini series) that I fell in love with Mr. Kings work.
I mean, god damn, what a movie. Never been so scared in my life. I couldn't sleep that night. I was too afraid to leave my room. And I locked the door to my room :) And for the next 5 nights I had a really hard time sleeping. Turning the light off was like the hardest task of the day.
Exellent movie.

I'm soon going to start to read the Dark Tower series. Just gotta finish my other book (Ernest Hemingway: For whom the bell tolls) 1st.

So anyone else like his work?

Edit: damn I hate my memory.
I've also seen the mini series Storm of the century. Though I was quite little when I saw it, but from what I remeber it was really good.
And most likely I have read and seen alot of his stuff but I just can't remember :D

edit 2:
Seen also atleast 3 Children of the Corn movies.

My friend read Pet Cemetery, and recommended it to me. I never go around to reading it, i totally forgot abou it. Now you reminded me :p

I've read Misery, and it was ok-ish

I'm really not a horror person (although Misery wasn't scary).

Oh, and my dad shat himself when he read Pet cemetary, cos everything in the book started coming true.

It was a long time ago so I can't really remember but I think he told me a cat in the book died? Then my cat died, and does the youngest son die or something? That really freaked him out and he used to sit in my bedroom when I was asleep to make sure I didn't die! lol

That was pretty weird cos my dad is really down-to-earth and never gets freaked out by anything.

My friends mom or dad owns every book he has...lol sorry I have never read any of his books but I might have seen some of his movies.

Lac3y said:
I've read Misery, and it was ok-ish

I'm really not a horror person (although Misery wasn't scary).

Oh, and my dad shat himself when he read Pet cemetary, cos everything in the book started coming true.

It was a long time ago so I can't really remember but I think he told me a cat in the book died? Then my cat died, and does the youngest son die or something? That really freaked him out and he used to sit in my bedroom when I was asleep to make sure I didn't die! lol

That was pretty weird cos my dad is really down-to-earth and never gets freaked out by anything.

u mean ur dad sh*t himself while reading Pet Cemetery. I certainly hope that u don't mean shot himself. Because that's what I 1st though.

but anyway

**spoilers**

yes the cat does die. And then it comes back. Only not being the same nice little cat anymore. Then their son dies. Well they know how the cat got resurrected, so they do the same thing with the boy. Needless to say, the boy doesn't come back the same either...

and I'm pretty sure that the boy got killed by a car running over him. So why would ur dad guard u while u were sleeping? :D

I love his movies. Never did read any of his books though. Last Stephen King movie I saw was called "Half Past Midnight" or something like that. "The Stand" was another great one. So mysterious and suspensful which makes it kind of spooky in a way.

i watched a movie based on one of his novels called 'the langoliers' or something like that, lol the movie was gay but like you get hooked cause its proper weird

Yeah, "The Langoliers" is taken from his book "Half Past Midnight". That book has like 4 mini stories in them and somehow all related, I think. "The Langoliers" is one of them. Good story. They woke up in an alternate reality where Langoliers was going to eat them.

Back
Top Bottom