Thermaltake PSU issues

Tweak

In Runtime
ok so i got my Thermal Take Silent Purepower 480W PSU in the mail 2day, hooked it all up, fliped the switch, pushed on, and it went on for a FRACTion of a second, like nothing at all, it wont turn on! what is wrong? my computer has had bad luck since square one

hmm perhaps you got a bad power supply? that would be the only reason a brand new power supply would do that. I have the same power supply and it has been great. I would take it back to wherever you got it from and get a new one.

Are you sure you're using the right setting for your country? It might be switched to a different position.. check to make sure that the voltage is good. Otherwise, yeah, bad psu. Send it back in for another one. Btw, off topic, but I got a thermaltake psu recently too, a silent power 430W. The cables are way long, but it's a good psu. Thermaltake shouldn't be performing like that, but, hey, mistakes happen...

And don't find out if u have the right settings for ur country by testing it.
The exact same thing happened to my friend. Well originally he had the right settings, but the psu just didn't work. So he turned the swich, pressed the power button. I didn't know what would happen, and neither did he.
BOOOOOOOOOM!!
Seriously, and it wasn't any small sound, it was like a god damn flashband going off (ofcouse without the über-bright flash)
And no need to tell u the psu was busted, and so was the mobo.
But he got it all fixed with warrenty. :)

mammikoura said:
And don't find out if u have the right settings for ur country by testing it.
The exact same thing happened to my friend. Well originally he had the right settings, but the psu just didn't work. So he turned the swich, pressed the power button. I didn't know what would happen, and neither did he.
BOOOOOOOOOM!!
Seriously, and it wasn't any small sound, it was like a god damn flashband going off (ofcouse without the über-bright flash)
And no need to tell u the psu was busted, and so was the mobo.
But he got it all fixed with warrenty. :)

and not to mention he could have set his house on fire too....lol

Ziirou Requin said:
What's the right voltage/current setting on a PSU for me? What determines it? Where you live? If so, I'm in NY.
thats only for different countries, since you live in the us, you're fine on the setting it's on.....the psu comes set that way...don't mess with it.

Back
Top Bottom