New To Programming Questions

blake67t

Baseband Member
I want to get into programming, general programming if I may.

Ok. I am just wondering what the most univeral(popular, needing,) programming program is? About fiv years ago I started getting into VisualBasic but never got too far.

What is the best/easiest/most universal programming program.
What is the best/easiest/most universal language?

Does anyone have any mojor or simple tips about getting into programming?

Thanks a lot,

Blake

This question has been disputed between many programmers for a long time (what programming language is the best to start with). However, I think that to start, you should probably go with python (if you want to start with something a little easier), or C++ or C# if you want to jump right into the deep end. As for which program, well, there is not really a such thing as a programming program. If you mean which compiler/interpreter, well I can't reccommend one of those until you decide on a programing language. There also really aren't many tips I can give you unotil I know which programming language you are going to use, but the site or book that you use to learn the language should teach you everything that you need to know.

Itsme

hey buddy, somehow its depends on personal interests...still the market is up for J2ME & J2EE..so for it u should start with CORE JAVA....At the same time .NET is also in the air....for that u can start with VB(as u have background) and directly switch over on vb.net .......now the ball is in ur court......All the Best

i would suggest Python. It a powerful language but easy to learn, i began C++ rite after and im doing quite well.

i started with vb also, but now i am learning C#. It is not that difficult and you can
bridge it to java since the syntax is fairly similar. Job market seems to be in demand for .NET programmers. Good luck

I have just started vith VB .net, because it looked to be easy. And, it is :D (Yay, i dont need glasses) :p

Edited for spam...

ITprodaves other thread was deleted....

he should take not and not advertise his book here anymore...

but feel free to help people with their programming questions.

Everyone has an opinion about which language(s). IMHO, you should concentrate on learning the basic concepts more than learning the particular structure and syntax of any one language. Get a good handle on design first, then pick one and learn everything you can about it. Later on after your feet are damp, you'll be better able to grasp the differences between languages and pick one to five to concentrate on. If you are concerned about marketability, pick a field that interests you and find out what language(s) are commonly used or considered appropriate for the purpose. You'll likely have to learn many languages at a level from competent to wrote the thing before your career is over. Then spread out into other languages. Good luck.

Dnsgm said:
i would suggest Python. It a powerful language but easy to learn, i began C++ rite after and im doing quite well.

Seti says> Did you happen to notice this thread is almost 2 years old? Please don't drag up old threads.

everyone seems to support pyhon first over c/c++ but i started with C++ and didn't find it too hard, easier than c to me. personnaly i would start with them because unless someone would like to debate it, c/c++ is one of the widest used languages. for learning c i liked "The Absolute Beginners Guide to C" sry forgot the author, and for c++ i enjoyed "Beginning C++ Game Programming" it is geared toward, yup, you guessed it, game programming but that just made it fun to me. you get to make fun stuff while you learn and it is straight forward. Plus it comes with dev-cpp IDE and explains stl stuff. have fun.

Back
Top Bottom