Medium vs. High Quality Screenshots

WOWOOWOW Are you SERIOUS!??!?!?! You seem to know ssoooo much about how much superior an XPS is to a custom computer, and you don't know what AA, AF, and vsync are?!?!?

Ok, since you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, I orgive you for that "Heathen" thread.

Vsync is short for Vertical Sync. This is where you sync (which means to make something the same as the other) the refrsh rate on your monitor with the frame rates per second in game to reduce the tearing of frames in a game. See how it says 71 fps? Fps means frames per second, however, if you are talking about "Hey man that's a great FPS", it means first person shooter. Note: You only need a maximum of 60 fps (most are 40 but my eyes prefer 60 for some reason)

AA means "Anti Aliasing", and AF means Antiscoptic Filtering. AA and AF are highly graphical options that tweak your game to the MAX, making it even more pretty by fixing the jagged lines and edges of 3D rendering in a game. They are known to be the death of your fps in a game. They can make a 6800GT cry for mercy and make it's fps in a game like Battle Field 2 drop 50 frame rates, which could mean a difference in playability if you were getting as high as 100 fps.

Having these options on are not reccomended if you have an older graphics card. These options can also cause over heating in some graphics cards because they push the card to the max.

HRHunteRHR said:
WOWOOWOW Are you SERIOUS!??!?!?! You seem to know ssoooo much about how much superior an XPS is to a custom computer, and you don't know what AA, AF, and vsync are?!?!?

Ok, since you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, I orgive you for that "Heathen" thread.

Vsync is short for Vertical Sync. This is where you sync (which means to make something the same as the other) the refrsh rate on your monitor with the frame rates per second in game to reduce the tearing of frames in a game. See how it says 71 fps? Fps means frames per second, however, if you are talking about "Hey man that's a great FPS", it means first person shooter. Note: You only need a maximum of 60 fps (most are 40 but my eyes prefer 60 for some reason)

AA means "Anti Aliasing", and AF means Antiscoptic Filtering. AA and AF are highly graphical options that tweak your game to the MAX, making it even more pretty by fixing the jagged lines and edges of 3D rendering in a game. They are known to be the death of your fps in a game. They can make a 6800GT cry for mercy and make it's fps in a game like Battle Field 2 drop 50 frame rates, which could mean a difference in playability if you were getting as high as 100 fps.

i have those on, with, all settings at low, for almost all games, and i get like anywhere from 50-180fps. 180, being on fy_iceworld.but usually im from 80-120, on most maps, and on dust, i get from 40-80, about. And i have the Ati x300. And it sucks.

AA is antialiasing, which is in computer graphics, the process of removing or reducing the jagged distortions in curves and diagonal lines so that the lines appear smooth or smoother. V-sync is a method used in computer games to limit the output of the game to the screen (in frams per second) to that of the computer monitor's refresh frequency (in hz). This synchronization prevents flickering of the screen on some machines. As for AF, I think he means AP?

Well uhm... you have all settings on low . That sorta defeats the purpose of AA and AF, let alone trying to play the game. The only reason I play these new games is to love them like a nice pair of ( . Y . ) on some hot chick. :D

HRHunteRHR said:
You = lying. Don't lie. There is no way in hell that computer will run FEAR at the MAXIMUM settings.

I SWEAR. I can run it smooth, with full AA, AF and softshadows on. At 1024x768. Also, my video cards piplines and vertex shaders are unlocked to 16p/6v and its over clocked from 325/600 to 400/750.
Is there anyway i can prove it? Dont say FRAPS, becuase when recording video, FPS gets cut more than half.

EDIT: Just checked to make sure. And its still running smooth at maximum settings!

allenn812 said:
I SWEAR. I can run it smooth, with full AA, AF and softshadows on. At 1024x768. Also, my video cards piplines and vertex shaders are unlocked to 16p/6v and its over clocked from 325/600 to 400/750.
Is there anyway i can prove it? Dont say FRAPS, becuase when recording video, FPS gets cut more than half.

EDIT: Just checked to make sure. And its still running smooth at maximum settings!

1024x768 is not the max. Try 1600x1200.
If it still runs smooth with full aa x af and every setting on max then all I can say is "Don't lie" or "congratulations on having a 6800 that runs better than a 7800GTX" = which is quite impossible now isn't it.

Ugh, this is so frustrating! Like i said, is there anything i can do to prove it? And i know it wont even run if i put it up to 1600x1200. But 1024x768 is the max my monitor will go!

allenn812 said:
Ugh, this is so frustrating! Like i said, is there anything i can do to prove it? And i know it wont even run if i put it up to 1600x1200. But 1024x768 is the max my monitor will go!

IF the bechmark in FEAR gives us the settings which it was run on then that would do.
And it's possible, since u run it with 1024x768, which is not even close to the max. There is a big difference between 1024x768 and 1600x1200.

Running something at a higher resolution also makes the graphics better?

Can't the graphics look just as good on a lower res., especially if a card isn't powerful enough to fully support a larger resolution? Kind've like how a smaller size TV has a naturally sharper image when compared to a big one?

Back
Top Bottom