Any Anime fans?

Yeah, Evangelion is good, but I like Full Metal Alchemist's humor. Sometimes Evanglion is too serious and it's all killing and bloodshed.

I'm not what you call an anime nerd but I do like to watch the occasional anime. My fav has to be the 9 shorts that go together to create the animatrix, my favs are 'final flight of the osiris' (although, that was created by square USA so not really anime, plus it's computer generated), 'A detective story' and 'Beyond'.

Oh yeah 'The second renaissance' is good too

Yeah, the Final Flight of the Osiris was the last CG movie Square Pictures (a subsidary of Square Enix) made before they went bankrupt, thanks to Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

They went bankrupt? haha

I knew spirits within lost them money but bankruptcy? wow.

I guess it was for the best, the west just can't do it on the same level as the japanese.

Advent children looks like it's gonna rock!

Yeah, The Spirits Within is considered one of the biggest box office bombs in history.

Poor box office performance ($32 million in North America), combined with the astronomical cost of production ($137 million, plus a further $30 million for marketing), essentially bankrupted Square Pictures, the subsidiary of Square that produced it, although Square Pictures did survive long enough to produce an animated tie-in to The Matrix, Final Flight of the Osiris. The film made only $55 million more in overseas box office, meaning total losses were approximately $123 million (the studio typically receives half the box office gross). The domestic box office loss was at the time apparently the largest in film history, though it was surpassed in 2002 by Treasure Planet, another animated flop.

There is speculation that the failure of this film, coupled with other circumstances at the time and following years, proved to be the catalyst that inspired Square Co., Ltd.'s merger with Enix.

Wikipedia is your friend. :D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spirits_Within

cool thanks.

Now I know the source of your seemingly ultimate wisdom.

I am an anime fan and what i really love that i can't never forget is the BT'x. But now,I'm enjoying watching Initial D. Takumi rules!!!!

Back
Top Bottom