sataII

kchi55

Fully Optimized
i bought a hitachi deskstar 250gb hdrive SATAII also got an ASUS A8N-E mobo which supports sataII.. i was just wondering if there was something that i had to do in order to enable sataII, or if once i installed it into my comp it automatically uses it. on start up it says SATA 1 so i'm not sure if my computer is working to it's full potential.

Maybe look in BIOS for that SATAII setting. The motherboard manual has to have some info. regarding the use of SATAII in there. Then again, they tend to be very vague. Maybe you're using the SATA I drivers instead of the SATA II? I don't know if there is much of a difference in that. I was going to say that your motherboard didn't support SATAII, but you already said it does.

kchi55 are you in luck!! I just bought that hard drive and am using it right now, and man is it an amazing hard drive, blazing fast! What you have to do is create a boot floppy from this os program you can download from the hitachi site. It's called Feature Tool (v1.99) and can be found on this web page
http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm.

i didnt install a floppy drive into this computer because i didn't think that i would be needing it.. is there any other way to set up sataII or do i have to have a floppy disk drive/floppy disk for this.

Back
Top Bottom