ATi Drivers for Linux?

Are there any good drivers for ATi cards that run on Linux? I was wondering because I'm going from just windows to a dual boot with Windows XP Pro and Fedora Core 4 Linux. So if anyone knows any good drivers for ATi cards I would greatly appreciate it. :)

How do you do a dual boot?

Anyways.. The most updated drivers are from ati.com. And as far as i know no one makes dual boot drivers. Mainly because ive never heard of it, lol :D

Dual Boot just means it ask you what OS to boot into: Windows, or Linux. In my case I'd be booting into Linux.

ATi does have drivers, but in a chat room I asked they said most cards weren't supported. Although I doubt it because it's a driver for all cards Radeon 8500 and up. Kind of like CATALYST drivers, Radeon 8500 and up.

So if someone may know of a driver for ATi cards on Linux then PLEASE post them. :)

1337DuD3 said:
Are there any good drivers for ATi cards that run on Linux? I was wondering because I'm going from just windows to a dual boot with Windows XP Pro and Fedora Core 4 Linux. So if anyone knows any good drivers for ATi cards I would greatly appreciate it. :)

ATi has only propetary crappy drivers for linux. I had to upgrade from my old old ATi 9550SE to my old nVidia FX5500. Your best choice is to definately buy an nVidia card. Otherwise expect horrible performance, and a horrible time trying to get that thing to work.

Back
Top Bottom