Warning, virus!

Crap. I let my niece go on one of my workstations today. She came runnin' to me. This is what I got.....

shit3ff.jpg

I am doing a couple of scans on my network as we speak. This might be a flaw that you where talking about.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/bloodhound.exploit.56.html

technoman said:
I think I will have to sign up for that!
Good idea, for you, with your very keen interest in IT, it must seem good then, the more the merrier I reckon.
:D

Mr. F said:
Crap. I let my niece go on one of my workstations today. She came runnin' to me. This is what I got.....

shit3ff.jpg

I am doing a couple of scans on my network as we speak. This might be a flaw that you where talking about.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/bloodhound.exploit.56.html
I have AVG, "cannot repair" probably means it's in their vault, click on "open vault", have you looked?, you can also go to their site, find their list of viruses, & d/load a patch to get rid, good luck, can't you put a software lock on your PC, or just not let her, or anybody use it, tell them to get one of their own, females & computers, grrrr, like oil & water!, let me know how you get on, 'luck.

Maurice

Thanks for your appreciative remarks, as the old TV cop series used to say; "Take care out there" the older members will remember this.

oh i have heard what you are going on about maurice, i emailed it to all my contacts. I think i may have sent it to you by mistake as well!

Maurice said:
I have AVG, "cannot repair" probably means it's in their vault, click on "open vault", have you looked?, you can also go to their site, find their list of viruses, & d/load a patch to get rid, good luck, can't you put a software lock on your PC, or just not let her, or anybody use it, tell them to get one of their own, females & computers, grrrr, like oil & water!, let me know how you get on, 'luck.

Maurice

I just did. It's gone. I've done about 8 netword scans to make sure the network is rid of the trojan.

can't you put a software lock on your PC, or just not let her, or anybody use it, tell them to get one of their own

They came to visit, and she needed to go on the internet. Mine aswell let her [She's 8]. Right now, the levels on the firewall is very high right now. I've blocked that workstation from the rest of my computer network.

Thanks again! :)

Back
Top Bottom