Floppy drive or Card reader?

JoshSpence

Baseband Member
I was considering buying an internal 3.5" floppy drive and an external media card reader (my case only has 1 external 3.5" slot) but i didn't find any external card readers i liked and so now i'm thinking of ditching the floppy drive and just having a card reader... if i ever need a floppy drive then another computer in the house which is networked to the one im building has one. I was also thinking if i ever needed one during the installation process then i could leave my case open with the floppy drive plugged in

Media card reader comes in very handy with me. I use them in 3 different devices. Floppy is dead. The only thing I can think of that needs floppys are the stupid factory RAID and SATA drivers.

I like and id stick with the good ol Floppy drive,
Its useful, you still use the floppy when installing sorten things, like you sometimes need to use it for installing drivers. Deppends really..

But then again...
If you mean by "Media card reader"?
Isnt that the same thing as a flash drive?
Like a hard drive but you can unplug it and use to move or backup your files etc? To another computer?

Because its bit of a much-ness..sorta

ide get both its always good to have a floppy drive just in case and theyre so cheap now it doesnt matter

i cant get both.... because my case only has 1x 3.5" drive.... if i really need 2 install drivers with floppys can i just do this instead - use my other computer which is networked, load in the floppy and copy the files to the computer with no floppy.... then instead of installing the drivers from the floppy simply install them from a directory? bcoz i am a video editer and a card reader is much more useful to me than a floppy drive... i spose i could get an external card reader but i think they look dodgy....

and a media card reader isnt a flash drive... its a sort of drive that allows u to read media cards from cameras, such as SD cards....

Back
Top Bottom