Computer Help Please

The MVPlaya

Solid State Member
Ok...I'm on another computer right now because my other one just did somethin real weird...

I just doin my business and uploading some files to my site and I was posting on a forum. Out of no where, my monitor just shows a dell sign and turns black. I thought it was my cpu so I turned the cpu off (power) and turned it back on.

I saw the sign in screen for about 3 seconds and it switched off.

So basically, what the problem is now is that my monitor will not stay on for more than 3 seconds and then turn black. The power light is still on Green, but the monitor is black. I have to turn the monitor off...and then on again to see the screen for 3 seconds. Once those 3 seconds are up, the monitor turns black, I have to turn my monitor off and on again to see the screen for another 3 seconds.

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong? When I was posting on the forums I was pressing some "quick keys"...I held ALT and pressed V but that didn't do much..it highlighted somethin on the browser. I might of pressed ALT and somethin to cause this..but this is the monitor, not the cpu.

Any help would be great! Thanks.

When you boot up, can you boot in safe mode?

Because maybe your video card drivers are messed up..

When I boot up..samething happens. I see a big DELL picture with a picture of earth and then all sudden it turns black.

Ok, so forsure it isnt the drivers, video card, or anything of that sort. Um.. are you sure that its tightly connected in the back.. thast all i can think of..

Yeah...I just tried it on a laptop and samething happens. You see a bootscreen for 3 seconds and turns off. I turn the monitor off and then on and it shows up again for 3 seconds.

My monitor is not that old...I think some settings are wrong but that's just really weird.

i can't even see the monitor settings for long enough for that...it will turn off and the monitor settings won't be up anymore.

Maybe hit it once or twice.

But really, what exactly were you doing. DId you like adjust any settings, so it would ruin the montier, or anything liek that.

Nope I was not touching the monitor. Just on the internet and I was making a post at a forum.

Did the computer also shut of right then. Because it could have been a power surge, and your montiter is, unprotected?

Back
Top Bottom