game freezing problem

cpu temp = 65 celcius
system temp = 46 celcius

im not sure what their saposed to be at normally but i have a pentium 4 prescott and saposedly those run hotter than others (so i've heard)

that pretty damn hot!! mine only goes to like 53 C when im playing call of duty 2, im like 99% sure it is a heat problem, i dont know alot about good heating products, but hold on someone here does they will surely tell you what to do and where to go

it has been running for a quite a while though up until i started having the problems with the game i would have it running 24/7 and other than restarting it, thats what ive been doing since july/august

but i was told in forums, and on reviews of the processor that it ran hot but it was the best i could afford so i got it. im not a huge gamer so its not that big of deal anyway, i was just getting bored on the weekends, and when there was nothing good on tv so i wanted a game to waste some time on, i have been spending time, unfortunatley its been trying to get it to work properly not actually playing it so... ya im not sure

ill probly just sell the game to somebody and buy something else with the money (new monitor perhaps) ye old 14" isnt really doin it for me anymore

if anybody has any other suggestions that dont really involve spending a ton of money let me know!

thanks!

just get a better heatsink/fan for the cpu. It won't cost too much, and it will make it run cooler. Since ur computer runs that hot it will definitely be worth it.
something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835118114
and then while u are at it get some arctic silver 5 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835100007) to go with the new heatsink.
I'm not an expert in cooling and I didn't spend alot of time looking at different heatsinks so u could do some more research by yourself.

But a new heatsink and arctic silver 5 should do wonders to that temp. And the total price will not be that high.

oh, and u will need to clean the cpu from the old thermal stuff (most likely there was a thermal pad) before applying arctic silver (or any other thermal thingy)

Back
Top Bottom