Future Build

^Mike^

Fully Optimized
I'm thinking about a future comp build. I would like one that runs games without lagging out, games such as CSS etc. (I currently have an Hp laptop but it only runes games at around 6-12 fps). I want to find out what parts would be best. Does anyone have any suggestions? My maximum price range would be around $1,00 - $1,300.

try a system exactly like mine, i can play:

COD2 with 1024x768 @ high settings
Quake 4 with 1024x768 @ high settings
Fear with 1024x768 @ high settings....i think im garenteed medium i cant completely remember if i tried high settings or not on fear...
CSS with highest res my lcd will go and high settings i get like 100-150 fps.

i dunno that seems good enough for me. go price it up, my details are in my sig

go to newegg and price it up there, it should be cheap, any qustions just post them i should be on for the next 5-7 mins

Hey, MoneyMan, I'm just curious, but what do your 6600GT's run at under load? I'm just wondering how hot they get when SLi'ed.

My rig with lcd was 1600, and it runs super fast. I can run NFSMW at highest setting with no lag, and nfs takes alot of card. Get an AMD if your pure gamer tho, dont get 64 3000+ isnt that great. Get like..3500+ or above.

except the amd 3000+'s will overclock way higher than a 3500+, its no problem to get the venice 3000+ to 2.7ghz on stock cooling and then higher with after market air cooling. mine get pretty hot, ima put thermal paste on them today though and see if that lowers the temps, the bottom card heats up the top one like a homo

for a little bit more you can get 6800 vanillas in sli. you can unlock the pipes and oc and you have yourself a cheap 6800gt :)

mr.monger said:
for a little bit more you can get 6800 vanillas in sli. you can unlock the pipes and oc and you have yourself a cheap 6800gt :)
haha :D

Back
Top Bottom