CPU at mhz 1200 suposed to be over 2083mhz!

allenn812

Daemon Poster
OK recently i had to reset my cmos or whatever. And after that, my athlon xp 2800+ in everest and in age of empires3, is say that its 1200 mhz or somthing. How do i make it run at full? What happened?

go to the bios and oc the cpu. If the original clock speed was a little over 2ghz then u should be able to oc it there easily. But still I'd keep an eye on the temps while oc'ing.

And if u encounter some problems while oc'ing, then check that the voltage is what it should be.

Dont think the Athlons had CnQ. Sounds like a BIOS setting has screwed up somewhere. Could well be the FSB considering the CMOS reset.

What programs would you use to monitor your processor and video card temperatures?

Is there anything else that should be monitored?

He's asking here because if he asks in his own thread he will criticize any answer that he gets, and I doubt anyone will reply to him now anyways. He failed. :(

ahaha its soo true, but to try and help the original maker the fsb probably just turned itself down so try the overclocking thigny we told you...report back too btw

Back
Top Bottom