SLI issue

yes i have one or two pci slots free and i have two drive bays free. i've actually been thinking about watercooling but cant rationalize spending $300.00 on a kit to help cool my computer. (im canadian dont forget)

Take both cards out. Now put the one that was on the top in the other one's old slot, and put the other in the hot one's old slot. Now lay a fan down or leaning against the chasis and boot up. I guarentee if the fan is close enough you could get a 10 degree cool down. That's how I overclocked my GTO.

Like against the side of the case? I mean a big fan, like a 140mm. They're like 12$. In my case, I had a huge 2 inch wide fan that was on a Gateway PC, and I also have a see-thru side panel. I just layed the fan against the side of the panel so it blew a nice draft around the graphics card.

oh i have a see through side panel too..with a fan in it but i dunno how good it blows stuff around.i got no fans on the back of the case though. im thinking the top card is only hot because thats where the air from the bottom card goes..so if i switched them it wuoldnt make much difference...actually i've been thinking of laying the computer on its side with the side off so any heat rises away from the computer but i dont know the pros and cons of that

OOOO lololol Smart one! You don't have any fans in the back and you have dual SLi???? You need to get some in the back mate!

i may be able to get my brothers...man i was away from the computer and when i came back my song stopped and it was just making a horrible skipping noise, the whole computer was locked up. so i restarted and nothing happened, no bios or anything, so i restarted again and i heard a "click" and im liek WTF so i restart again to hear the click again...so i restarted and put my head by the hd and listened and i heard click...my hd might be on its way out :( ill have to back it up fast, i got like 30 gb worth of movies on here, good thing i just got my dvd burner :D if i do end up getting a hd would this one be good?

MAXTOR 200GB 7200rpm 16mb U133 (#6B200R0)

>EDIT<

found out it was just dvd-rw

yea so any other ideas on how to cool my video cards? could i just lay the computer on its side? with the side off..that way the heat just leaves the case

MSI 6600gts shouldnt be getting that hot :confused: Mine didnt go above 50'C. Take the fan off, put a load of thermal paste on the GPU then make sure that the fan is on securly. You should have you card idle at 45'C

ok ill try that. wait i just checked my temps and i've been idle now for a while and im at 44 degrees and 43 degrees...

Back
Top Bottom