I'm A Heathen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't buy one until I understand one? 'kay, I guess all the computer owners of the world should take the time to learn everything about them before making a purchase. You know, since everyone has the time to, the desire to, and would rather research things on their own rather than have a reputable company select the parts for them and give them what they need without the hassle. Oh, wait...

By the same token, let's just do that with cars. Don't buy one until you learn about fixing transmissions, taking apart engine blocks, flushing the tranny fluid, brake fluid, changing oil and filter, rewiring ignitions, etc.

I never said AMD x2's weren't nicer. I compared two computers with similar parts, that ended up being priced around the same. I also don't care much for benchmarks and what they prove. Anecdotal evidence is what matters.

I won't stop correcting people. Don't try to tell me to.

I insult them? A) Boo-hoo. B) Read:

HRHunterRHR said:
...@ss hole. You're to ignorant to see that huh?...

Also...

TreeHugger said:
You're arrogant

I corrected you in bold. :)

I'm not understanding their limits? I know they don't work as dual-cores in games. People told me this. They have use in a situation with multi-tasking. Mr. F displayed this for us.

HRHunteRHR said:
Thanks tree Hugger I was about to cut my wrists because of this guy's lack of knowledge abotu this subject!!! :( Look i feel bad for you Requin, but you have to understand that posting over 2 times is pretty much spammin, regardless of the thread. And seriously, 1500 dollars for a DELL??? C'mon man you should know more than that, look at everyone's replies. Oh yea and I don'treally understand what subjective has to do with me? Like, me trying to persuade your oppinions or something??? Not my fault you feel persuaded... if you do. But whatever it's your money and if you want to chuck 1500 dollars for a Dell, then you do that. :(

P.S I think you should elaborate on the rules before your arse gets banned.

Good luck in life....

You were about to cut your wrists? Wow, that's stylish.

I did look at everyone's replies. I'm not completely set on the DeLL. I don't like shallow reasoning for choosing custom computers, though. Especially when said shallow reasoning doesn't apply to me (i.e., OCing).

Subjective means what I highlighted was an opinion. You said if I read everyone else's posts, I'd see you were right. Thing is, you can't be right. It's a subjective topic. If it was something objective (i.e., Pentium 4 2.8 GHz is faster than Pentium 4 3.0 GHz) then it'd be a different story, you could say you're right. To try and tell me that you're correct when it's a subjective issue is clearly ignorant.

I need to "elaborate on the rules"?

Ziirou Requin said:
Why do you say I wouldn't need dual core? I think Mr. F's results clearly show how well a DC processor works.

well because you said all you'd want to do is play bf2 with some music in the background. sure mr.f told us how good it works but when in the real world are you going to have that many programs open? are you planning on running two virus scans and have firefox open 17 times while playing bf2?

this is starting to get out of hand. buy the dell if you only play bf2 and dont wanna overclock or anything and want a nice warrenty. buy the amd if you might go into gaming and arent afraid to build a computer

Ziirou Requin said:
By the same token, let's just do that with cars. Don't buy one until you learn about fixing transmissions, taking apart engine blocks, flushing the tranny fluid, brake fluid, changing oil and filter, rewiring ignitions, etc.

I won't stop correcting people. Don't try to tell me to.

I insult them? A) Boo-hoo. B) Read:

ok i dunno about you but i've never heard of flushing the transmission fluid...my dad is a mechanic and i've never heard him say that once...bleeding the brake lines maybe....if you can take apart a solid piece of metal like an engine block wow your crazy strong, sure you can take apart an engine but not the block.

and your piss poor attitude is going to get you no help on here. so when no body helps you guess what...

A)boo hoo
B) read threads and see if they answer your questions.

i say this should be locked and maybe he could start over

money_man said:
ok i dunno about you but i've never heard of flushing the transmission fluid...my dad is a mechanic and i've never heard him say that once...bleeding the brake lines maybe....if you can take apart a solid piece of metal like an engine block wow your crazy strong, sure you can take apart an engine but not the block.

and your piss poor attitude is going to get you no help on here. so when no body helps you guess what...

A)boo hoo

Money Man is my new best friend.

Ok and Riquin I'm guessing you're 10 or you're like some WW2 veteran who thinks they know everything in the world. Look, you don't NEED computer in this world like you NEED a car. If you want to make a good buy, it is great to do research on the subject, otherwise you might end up with something that doesn't meet your demands. I mean, we do it every day. You TASTE a food before you EAT it. If you want to get a good grade you want to STUDY. If you want something that will meet your demands, you may even want to make it yourself, if it's something as simple as a computer. Key word, KNOWLEDGE. I hope you understood that valuable lesson, now we should move on.

When you ask someone a question, you don't criticize their answers. You don't repeatedly tell everyone they're wrong, and you sure as hell don't act like a jerk when they respond. Key word, RESPECT.

FInally, don't go on rants and disturb the peace (I know I've done it before, but I don't do it as much anymore). This is a hard task, and from seeing what you are capable of doing, ie, getting disliked by alot of people in the forums, being arrogant, being a jerk, and lacking knowledge and respect, this will be a hard task for you to handle. Key word, MATURITY.

http://www.storybin.com/words/words132.shtml

Once again, good luck in life. :)

Don't mean to double post but I think everyone should remeber this.

All his double posts and arguments are comming from someone who has never built a computer in their life. Someone who has probobly know knowledge of HOW to build a computer, or HOW much knowledge they gain from it.

I finish my help and replies now .

When you ask someone a question, you don't criticize their answers. You don't repeatedly tell everyone they're wrong

Really now? This is exactly what you did to me. Nice try though.

We need computers almost as much as cars these days. In fact, city-dwellers will probably want a computer more than car, since everything is so close. Then again, you didn't really think when you posted any of that, did you?

Clearly though, you respected me. You surely practice what you preach. That is why you were the first one to sling the insult of "asshole" and point out my sheer "ignorance", right? Yes, good topic to lecture me on, respect and maturity. Pick your battles wisely, kid. You're not getting very far here - at all.

EDIT: Oh, I editted this, just for you Hunter.

Someone who has probobly know knowledge

You criticize, saying that I'm ten!? Bahaha - "know knowledge"?

money_man said:

A)boo hoo

I may have a piss-poor attitude, but if your dad doesn't know about flushing a tranny, then he's a piss-poor mechanic. Of course, I'm just going to go out on a limb here and assume you're inattentive, so if he ever did mention it, you would've missed it.

http://www.allpar.com/eek/atf.html
http://www.gadgetonline.com/TransFlush.htm
http://www.artsautomotive.com/transflush.htm

Read up, child.

ok the reason he never talks about it is because he builds them and changes the transmission fluid after he fixes them, therefore he wouldnt call it flushing since hes not removing any fluid. usually people dont change their transmission fluid like they do their oil, so by the time it gets changed theres already transmission problems. but i noticed we're way off subject here and your just pissing me off. but i do like one thing you said there, "read up, child." good take your own advice and read up about computer parts, and that means you cant be asking us stupid questions if you're reading, well im done in this thread

I lost count of how many times I sighed at you guys while reading everything that has been posted since I was here.

Hunter, you're a smart guy, and you're very definitive with your answers (which is not necessarily a bad thing) but don't take stuff too far.

Requin, try to straighten up a bit. I happened to know about flushing a transmission but only because I've been exposed to cars and work on them regularly (hah, but who isn't exposed to cars all the time, I mean in a mechanical way).

Now, back to "las computadoras"...

You don't need to learn everything about them before you buy one, but if you're interested in possibly (in the future) modifying it, why not start now? If you are satisfied with getting a Dell, yes, it will save you the trouble of putting it all together and will come with the operating system installed, and will only cost a fraction more. If you build a custom computer, you have to go through building, installing, etc. Just do what you want to. It is a pretty black and white choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom