Serious Computer Problem!!!

stephen_s1

Solid State Member
One of my computers is not working at all. When I turn it on, it powers up and looks like its working but no signal is going to the monitor. The monitor says it is working and to check the cable. I reattached the cable to the computer but to no avail. One thing I noticed is that the floppy drive light is on the whole time even though no disk is in it. Could it just be the cable (which I highly doubt) or is it something wrong with the computer? If so, what do you think is wrong with it and how can I go by fixing it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Make sure your moniter is turned on (duh). Check to make sure your graphics card is correctly attached and installed, try the moniter with a different computer, and try the computer with a different moniter.

If the floppy light is on all the time it normally means the ribbon cable is in the wrong way, but if you didn't tamper with it then you should open the case and tighten everything.

meanpeoplesuck said:
try the moniter with a different computer, and try the computer with a different moniter.
Yea try that that first instead of what i said.

I tried the computer with my other monitor which I know works and it still didn't send any signal. I disconnected the data and power cable from the floppy drive but the computer still does not send any signal. However, now the floppy light and the power button light are off. There is no graphics card in this computer, it is just on the motherboard.

If you've not been in the back of the Computer and the floppy light is on all the time, then this is a classic sign that the computers locked up before post boot is performed and with this type of problem there are several different reason why it's not booting.

As you've got an onboard graphics card, which is using the main computers memory, check to see if the memory is seated correctly.

Also if you've been messing in the bios (for overclocking etc) try resetting the bios and see if that helps.

Post back with your results.

BullDog(UK)

By main computer memory do you mean the ram? Also, I haven't messed with the bios at all.

actually this just happened to me, i turned on my computer and all the lights and stuff went on but no boot...i think my hd might be on its way out though. see if you hear a scratching or clicking coming from your hd when you try to boot

Back
Top Bottom