NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go 64M drivers

Cronodude360

Baseband Member
So I just installed Myst IV--trying to play the entire series for context in Myst V--on my laptop. My laptop met every single spec, except for my video card driver. Granted, it still plays fine, but I feel that, just as it warned me, it's not quite as much as it should be.

So, I went to find a driver. My first stop, of course was the NVIDIA website. To my surprise, I couldn't find anything I thought would fit. I searched Google high and low, and found a few. I downloaded each, one-at-a-time. Going on to the next one after each failure.

Let me describe my failure. Each file I downloaded was a .exe file. Opening it, revealed it to be a self-extracting archive. Naturally, I let it extract to my desktop as it had defaulted, not knowing any better. Upon opening the setup file in the folder, I'm confronted with a message informing me that it cannot find any compatible drivers.

I'm at my wit's end with this! Please help me find and install a driver!

This comes back to the second part of the problem. It runs fine, until the actual installation begins.

"The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will not exit."

What do I do from here?

well usually u should uninstall the old drivers before installing the new ones. But just make sure that u can install some drivers that will work before uninstalling the ones that work. It would suck to be left without any working drivers.

Back
Top Bottom