Weird thing some guy gave me

allenn812 said:
Hi, well youve come to the right place! My other hobbies i have besides computers are that im an aquarist! First things first, you have alot of reading to do. Keeping salt water fish/invertabrates is not for beginners! Horseshoe crabs reach 12 inches in diameter which means yout going to need a huge fish tank for it when it grows up. What are you keeping it in now? Horse shoe crabs live in salt water, and water temps should be around 75F. saltinity should be between 1.023-1.025. Ph between 8.1 and 8.5. Dkh between 7-13. I know this is all confusing, which is why i say TAKE IT BACK. Im almost 100% this thing will be dead in less than a week. Go back to the petshop and get some guppies, there easy to keep, and there my expertise! Edit: Oops, whyd i quote that?

Same here! Goldfish is to my knowing, and freshwater diseases. I even made a forum for it!

lol well yea ive been doing some reading some people say i shouldnt give it shrimp and what kind of worms can it eat? say superworms? waxworms?

lol it smells bad like salt walter fish if u leave it there for a while. my god and he makes noises when i went to sleep little creepy if u ask me.

Feircepc said:
lol it smells bad like salt walter fish if u leave it there for a while. my god and he makes noises when i went to sleep little creepy if u ask me.

loololo "he makes noises" how cute :D

Apparently they need absolutley huge enclosures to live properley, and standard salinity and nitrates for a reef tank. the tank needs to be at least 900 gallons apparently...

I asked one of my friends who knows ALOT about fishies, and this is what she said...

a) they are not good pets tell him to set it free b) its going to need one giant tank id say at least a 900gallon tank, with a sand bottom.

but if he wants to keep it just tell him to set the tank up with standard salinity and nitrates for a reef tank and it should be fine, i have no idea what they eat so i wouldnt put any fish or coarl in with it till he finds out.

just tell him to set the tank up like that one guy said. his 90 will be fine till it gets bigger, supers are fine for awhile. also have him go to a good fish store (not petsmart or petco).... and get some salt water fish food (pellet form).

honestly hes gonna kill it, theres not much you can do about that, it takes weeks to set up a saltwater tank and horseshoe crabs are delicate. his best bet is to drive to an ocean and set it free.

Good luck with the lil guy if you decide to keep him...

o great now heres a trip to the shore in the middle of winter i wont enjoy lol. w/e hes just sitting in the tank neways i guess ill let him go. o and where in the world am i going to get a 900gallon tank thats like the sized o say my closet. geezes and hes like an inch wide lol i can fit him in the palm of my hand hes so tiny

LOL the randomness...

Well aqautics and crabs and stuff arent in my field of knowledge. LOL

but i can say that ive never seen people eat horseshoe crabs before so why would they have it in a supermarkt?

Back
Top Bottom