I'm A Heathen

Status
Not open for further replies.
HRHunteRHR said:
Ahh yes and take a look at everyone elses comments on this page. I hope you enjoy being maybe 1 in 100 because you haven't realized that custom computers are the best way to go for nice computers.

if your aiming this statement towards me, i made a custom computer. but i still feel that dell with do what he wants it to do. he even confirmed my statements. the case argument is stupid, so is the overclocking argument, unless he states he might want to overclock dont argue about overclockability. the dell would be a very nice computer and i would say buy it, but if your a seriously gamer (which he isnt) get the amd 3500+

Ziirou Requin said:
Okay...

A) I haven't wanted to upgrade the comp I have now, it's been four years. This little DeLL has served me fine. Chances are, it'll be the same. If anyone read my follow-up post, you'd see I'm not normally the person who needs to run out and get a game immediately. I'm paitent enough to wait for prices to drop. This would only change if a game I really wanted to play came out, like Diablo 3 - if that's even coming.

B) You're kidding, right? This is the most ridiculous reason to try and argue customs over companies. A nice case? I happen to like how the XPS cases look.

C) I doubt they're selling a 6800 that works as anything under. Chances are, the 6800 is a 6800.

D) I have never overclocked before. I doubt I'd ever want to. I don't like the risk of burning out my system for a little bit of a performance jump. To me, it seems pointless. And if I got the DeLL and decided I wanted to OC - oh well for me.

E) Someone still has to explain to me how the DeLL RAM would suck. RAM seems to be RAM to me, and those numbers look good.

F) Uh, yes, it can play them...that's what it's there for. I'm not splurging on some high-tech monitor that's insanely costly. A DeLL monitor will work as well as any other conventional one. I avoid flat still (ghosting & costly), and CRT serves me fine. I don't see how a DeLL monitor is suddenly hindered because of the company name. I think you're using your extreme bias here, and it's ridiculous.

G) I can't comment here. My cousin has an XPS from two years ago, and all his spam is gone. He deleted anything he didn't want. I did the same on this one. I doubt the new ones now are going to have "impossible spam".

H) How is the system not good for gaming? All the specs more than exceed what is needed. You're just sore because it's a DeLL.

Well taking into consideration that you are paying 1500 dollars, I thought you might want soemthing that's actually worth the money, but if you don't, it's fine with me. But don't be ass about it... "You're just sore because it's a Dell". No, I'm sore because you're about to get ripped the fuck off, and if you took the time to read everyone else's posts, you'd know that I'm right about this one.

the amd will be nice but so would the intel, only difference is the quality of parts. i myself would get eh amd system because i game alot. you may not need that in which case the intel would be better. the only thing is you wouldnt need dual core, so you could jsut make a cheaper intel system with better components from newegg

Hunter, chill, man. Everyone likes to be respected on forums. There's no need for such a retaliation. However, six times in a row is a bit much.

About the emulation: that does not require a lot of power, so I think either way you go will be fine for that. Those consoles you have listed are all old, so it should work fine. I don't know a lot about emulation, but I used to do it a few years ago. Worked fine for me on a much older PC (I played the N64 emulation, and, yes, I did own one :D).

Computer games, though, you'll probably want an AMD.

HRHunteRHR said:
Well taking into consideration that you are paying 1500 dollars, I thought you might want soemthing that's actually worth the money, but if you don't, it's fine with me. But don't be ass about it... "You're just sore because it's a Dell". No, I'm sore because you're about to get ripped the fuck off, and if you took the time to read everyone else's posts, you'd know that I'm right about this one.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Subjective

I'm not being an ass about it. You take every chance you can to bash DeLL computers when, even if they're not top quality, they suit the needs of many people, and not everyone needs to go custom. Stop being so ignorant, and instead take a second to realize that company-bought computers are not the spawn of Satan you make them out to be.

money_man said:
the amd will be nice but so would the intel, only difference is the quality of parts. i myself would get eh amd system because i game alot. you may not need that in which case the intel would be better. the only thing is you wouldnt need dual core, so you could jsut make a cheaper intel system with better components from newegg

Why do you say I wouldn't need dual core? I think Mr. F's results clearly show how well a DC processor works.

i think you shouldn't buy a computer until you understand computers. Sure pentium D's are nice, but amd x2's are nicer, it has been proven time after atiem in benchmarks. And generic parts look "fine, sure generic ram says one gig, but then its timings are 7-7-7-7(impossible i know) making it impossible to overclock. And stop correcting people, they are trying to help you and you just insult them. Your arrogant. Sure dc's are good but your not understanding their limits. They don't work as dual cores in games, and they do not have a use in many situations. And finally yes Dell is good, but a custom computer will slaughter a dell any day of the week, for less money.

TreeHugger said:
i think you shouldn't buy a computer until you understand computers. Sure pentium D's are nice, but amd x2's are nicer, it has been proven time after atiem in benchmarks. And generic parts look "fine, sure generic ram says one gig, but then its timings are 7-7-7-7(impossible i know) making it impossible to overclock. And stop correcting people, they are trying to help you and you just insult them. Your arrogant. Sure dc's are good but your not understanding their limits. They don't work as dual cores in games, and they do not have a use in many situations. And finally yes Dell is good, but a custom computer will slaughter a dell any day of the week, for less money.

Thanks tree Hugger I was about to cut my wrists because of this guy's lack of knowledge abotu this subject!!! :( Look i feel bad for you Requin, but you have to understand that posting over 2 times is pretty much spammin, regardless of the thread. And seriously, 1500 dollars for a DELL??? C'mon man you should know more than that, look at everyone's replies. Oh yea and I don'treally understand what subjective has to do with me? Like, me trying to persuade your oppinions or something??? Not my fault you feel persuaded... if you do. But whatever it's your money and if you want to chuck 1500 dollars for a Dell, then you do that. :(

http://www.associatedcontent.com/content.cfm?content_type=article&content_type_id=5771

P.S I think you should elaborate on the rules before your arse gets banned.

Good luck in life....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom