windows not starting correctly.

There are many reason for this type of problem, from corrupt data, adware/spyware, virus, program conflict etc.

You could always re-install Windows over the top or use system restore from a dos prompt.

Or

if you can ctl-alt-del, goto new task type msconfig - startup and remove all the programs in the startup section and reboot. If all works ok after you rebooted then you've found your problem (corrupt or conflicting program).

If none of the above work post back and I'm sure we'll think of something.

Format, re-installing windows is the last option of course.

BullDog(UK)

BullDog(UK) said:
if you can ctl-alt-del, goto new task type msconfig - startup and remove all the programs in the startup section and reboot. If all works ok after you rebooted then you've found your problem (corrupt or conflicting program).

BullDog(UK)

You cannot do that. Just if you remove all programs in the start up section, the computer wont boot at all, some of those programs are needed to boot.

Startup folder under msconfig, doesn't (in most cases) have O/S critical applications/services.

I have (to confirm) deselect all the options in my spare xp o/s computer and it started without a problem, however as expected all programs associated with the startup sequence failed to load, but the o/s is ok.

Which o/s critical applications/services etc are you seeing in your startup??

BullDog(UK)

Oh wait a minute, I see what your getting at the 'selective startup' option, no I'm referring to the option in the startup folder and not under the general options.

Sorry, I should have made that a little clearer.

BullDog(UK)

BullDog(UK) said:
There are many reason for this type of problem, from corrupt data, adware/spyware, virus, program conflict etc.

You could always re-install Windows over the top or use system restore from a dos prompt.

Or

If none of the above work post back and I'm sure we'll think of something.

Format, re-installing windows is the last option of course.

BullDog(UK)

i did the ctl-alt-del, goto new task type msconfig
it go rid of the 3 box i get but it it still doesnt let me open McAfee
but when i click on Microsft AntiSpyware it give me an error message
saying there was an error with Microsoft AntiSpyware and to uninstall
and reinstall the program...

how can i do system restore from a dos prompt.?

but what i'm worry about is that i don't want to lose all my files in
my Hard drive....i was think of transfering my file to another hard drive...

this is the post i made...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/279734#1587865

what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom