svchost.exe acting weird!?

wolfinstinct

In Runtime
I looked in windows tak manager cause I some1 gave me a hint that this site I recent I saw svchost visited had a possable keylogger, Well, I had 6 of them running(i read it supposed to have 5) and It was taking up 20mb, so I ended it, but It didnt make me restart my computer or anything!! I used a program and it writes to the hdd often...

I i currently have 6 running also. The only thing you need to worry about is scvhost i believe it is spelled where the c and the v are switched It is a worm. The svchost proccess stableizes ur computer so don't end the processes.

Well, for me it was the 6th one... It only had one DLL loaded and it would constantly write to the heard drive to a text document that did record everthing I typed! It's fixed now...

It loads .dll files that windows needs... I did my research on it and viruses can load themselves into svchost... but that dll has to be on your system so virus scanners can get em

amazing...simply amazing... svchost.exe is a system process belonging to the Microsoft Windows Operating System which handles processes executed from DLLs...straight from liutilities.com. basically, it converts dlls into processes. It is mainly used for networking and DNS as stated before. I don't think anybody realized the fact that a smart hacker, keystroke logger, could possibly have named a keylogger svchost.exe? Mainly the reason would be is that in the taskmgr there is no URL path. All you see is just the executable name. try Process Explorer by Sysinternals...awesome app...http://www.sysinternals.com

-thecoolkidontheblock

thecoolkid said:
amazing...simply amazing... svchost.exe is a system process belonging to the Microsoft Windows Operating System which handles processes executed from DLLs...straight from liutilities.com. basically, it converts dlls into processes. It is mainly used for networking and DNS as stated before. I don't think anybody realized the fact that a smart hacker, keystroke logger, could possibly have named a keylogger svchost.exe? Mainly the reason would be is that in the taskmgr there is no URL path. All you see is just the executable name. try Process Explorer by Sysinternals...awesome app...http://www.sysinternals.com

-thecoolkidontheblock

wouldnt they have to name it scvhost.exe??? i may be wrong...they reason i say this is because it seems hard to believe your operating system would let a file name like that on the computer.. So if you changed the name to scvhost.exe and you check your task manager. Most people that arent computer "savi" wouldnt even notice it...I probly just made myself look like an "A"...so if im wrong let me know..

Back
Top Bottom