will my 300W power supply power the card??

bartillo

Beta member
okay i have ordered a 7800 GT ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130238 )

i only have a 300 Watt power supply but it says i need like 450W to run this card... i poste don another forum and people told me that 300W could run the card effiecently and that 450W is no were near what is needed.... if you guys can help ansewer my question it would be much appreciacted because i ahve no more money and a 500watt power supply is almost $100 and i wont be able to get that till i get payed in 2 weeks. So i was wondering if I could put the video card in my computer now with a 300W pwoer supply and it will be 100% fine and cause no damage wut so ever?

it might not work, it might work i wouldnt try it the 7800gt is one of the most expensive cards out there just wait a little okay? Be safe about dont want to ruin your system before you get to use it!

omfg ill tell you from experience that if it tells you to have 450w then get 450w. i bought my first 6600gt and was like, SCORE so i plugged it in. it called for 350w and i had a 300w aOpen psu. after 2 weeks i started seeing pink and green and blue dots everywhere and people started looking like pineapples and such on CSS, come to find out me limiting my video card by starving it from power killed the pixel engine. the card will get damaged, and it costs too much to let it go because you cant wait for a new psu, so i'd just get another one really fast, and make sure its not a really cheap one, 600w is probably what you'll need

i have a 550W aspire, for my 7800gtx its been running fine and its a fairly cheap psu for 60 dollars, i recomned it go to newegg youll see that everyone loves it

If you put your 7800GT with that PSU, the computer will crash often and shut down itself a lot. Over wattage is present. You might as well buy a 500W PSU as they're cheap for now

Back
Top Bottom