OMFG X850xtpe

money_man said:
what about Nvidia based cards? will it play those?

According to there website and the manual I've got out of one of the retail boxed ones, no just supports X300 :(

BullDog(UK)

wow thats stupid of themselves to limit like that...stupid asrock, i'd still buy them before asus mobos though

money_man said:
wow thats stupid of themselves to limit like that...stupid asrock, i'd still buy them before asus mobos though

Hmmm, you'll not like to know then that AsRock is a subsidiary of ASUS then :p

BullDog(UK)

HAHAHA, yeah, ASRock from ASUS and ASUS came from Acer. What a vicious cycle...

The smartest thing to do is use the x850xtpe. It's a great card and can run any games fine so there really ain't any need to upgrade.

And btw, FEAR does take advantage from the dual core processing. It was the 1st game to do so and as far as I know it's still the only game to do so.

Dunno, but it'll be more efficient because both cores will help each other do processes in the game.

MeTzenAs said:
yeah the card kicks ass.. prolly gonna keep it and just upgrade everything else. I'm prolly still gonna get the amd 64 4000 wit the san diego core.. can't really see the point to the x2 series.. no games are duel threaded, no os is duel threaded, and gaming benefits more with a single core. by the time everything is duel threaded i'll want to upgrade again anyway. Maybe I'll spring for a fx-57 or fx-55. the mobo selection for amd 64 agps is very slim so that makes my options easy. I already got a antex amart power 450.. maybe ill get a new psu though.. and 2 gigs of corsair xms.. I already have a kick ass case.. and gonna have some new water coolers at work in a few weeks so will prolly get one of those.

Where do you work?

Back
Top Bottom