slow downloads...help?

GreatHype

Daemon Poster
Do any of you know of a freeware program that speeds up downloads and/or internet connection. I download demos all the time to test them out and they often like stop for like a minute or just permanently stop and I have to redownload it. Help is much appreciated.

[memorylane]Back in the days of Dial ip I played with tonnes of programs that claimed to increase download and browsing speeds. TBH I came to one conclusion... They're a waste of time![/memorylane]

What is handy though, is being able to pause and resume downloads. There are tonnes of programs on www.download.com that'll do that, but I'd suggest getting a copy of Firefox installed, assuming you havent already.

well I have firefox...and I've tried about all the pause resume programs that download.com has to offer so I'll just have to wait till yahoo dsl is available in my area...

Firefox really sucks for downloads, I find that downloading from IE is acutally faster.

I browse with firefox, but then I download using GetRight. Which can pause resume and whatnot. I suggest giving it a try.

Back
Top Bottom