God I HATE Steam!!

Lac3y

Daemon Poster
I have a 2meg broadband connection, average downloads are around 250kbps, I'm trying to download The Lost Coast through Steam and it's only downloading between 50 - 90kbps!!

God I hate steam!!!

Who here hates Steam, not the games, the games are amazing, just the stupid Steam client.

Why they made it I'll never know. (and does your friends list and favourites list work? Mine resets every time you exit Steam).

BTW, how do you think The Lost Coast will do on my computer? (see sig)

Steam = suck
Lost Coast = suck
You = stupid for complaining when i download at max about 80kbps. Usually around 40kbps. At least you have some really kick ass internet. And you will be ablt to get the game and play it. I mean i can barely stream Counter Strike Source. Computer plays it fine.

What im trying to say is just that even though you are gettin a bad connection, thats probably your internets fault, dont complain. Be glad for what you have, instead of what you dont have.

And for what lost coast is gonna do to your computer. I doubt that you will be able to play it on high, with out over clocking your graphics card.

Yeah I was over-reacting there but the game is over a gig I think.

90kbps = slow lost coast download

Steam = SOB that rejects me
You= complaining too much
me= gets chips and watches you bi**ing :p

yay...no./...WTH?

Valve is the best game company? ever. Too bad steam ruins it. I never had a problem with download speed though. I always got mine to go at about 500kb/s sometimes faster. Valve would lose more money then most people to downloaders though. I downloaded half life 2 illegally, I loved it so much I acutally bought it. Even though I had it already.

Who cares about steam to damn much! I mean hell all you do is use it to log-in. Leave lost coast downloading all night. It will be done by morning. But all you complaining about steam is gettin you guys no where. Besides if you dont want it to download stuff, just tell it to no keep the games updated. Its that simple. Valve is porbably one of tbe best game copanies out there. And the more stuff they do to improve the games the better. At least steam is automatic. And you dont have to go to some website and tell it to download. I mean it just does it for you. Its simple, Steam is kinda a resource hog, but, who cares, if it works, and then you get the game running, then there isnt a problem right?

Steam, is a RAM hog. RAM that is needed during gaming. Whenever Steam downloads an update, I see no improvment, and the updates cause my favorite servers to be closed untill an admin applies the updates to the server. I can't play games offline because of steam. The friends list has been down for years now, is it really THAT hard to make a way of keeping track of when someones logged in?

Back
Top Bottom