Sound card, and RAM problem.

meanpeoplesuck

Baseband Member
This is a two part question.

1. I installed 512mb's more RAM onto my computer. So now I have 1024mb RAM. The problem is, I don't notice anything running faster. Starting up still takes the same amount of time. Counterstrike source, doesn't load, or I can't minimize it and resize it anyfaster. Although, the computer does say I have 1gig of RAM now, opposed to the 512 that I had before. The computer didn't say ANYTHING when I started it up for the firs time with the new ram, it just started as it always does. How do I know if this RAM is working, or if I just don't notice a difference?

2. I bought and installed a new sound card, Sound Blaster LIVE! 24-bit. Works fine, normally. But when I turn on the computer, the speakers, kinda pop for a second, but nothing else. Sounds fine when listening to music and everything else. Is this supposed to happen when I start up, or is something wrong?

Thank you guys.

for question 1 I would reccommend getting Ramidle and for question 2 thats prolly just power going to the speakers and turning them on.

well..see how much memory you have free.. you should have somewhere around 700MB when idle and 600MB when web browsing and listening to music and when you think its to slow go to the taskbar click on the icon and go to free up 56, 112, or 224. That depends on how much memory you have left.

Back
Top Bottom