Compter For College

Yeah, that looks good. If you already have 512MB in there now, that should bump you up to 1GB. I see no reason why that wouldn't work. Looks good to me.

Alright I've got another question: If I were to buy a Dell Inspiron 9300 could I simply buy the cheapest one and then go to a discount place like tigerdirect and buy the extras that I want for a cheaper price compared to Dell's price. Would this work for a labtop? Would it void the warrenty?

Yes, it would void the warranty. They don't like you tampering with their supported product even though it's yours. It's only a limited warranty like a year or something. You can still load AutoCAD easily using the 512MB standard RAM they have. It's a nice laptop. Great for what you do. I use to be in drafting too, but I got out of it.

After the warranty is over, then upgrade the RAM if you wish, but laptops generally have limited upgradeability compared to regular desktop PCs. I think the only thing that is within your abilities to upgrade a notebook is the RAM and possibly the hard drive if you must.

Back
Top Bottom