OMFG X850xtpe

MeTzenAs1

In Runtime
Hey guys, I was gonna buy a new mobo, cpu, and video card in a few days.. but guess what! (see my specs down below for my current pc) I was going to buy an amd 64 4000, abit fatal1ty board, and a geforce 7800gt.. but last night a customer came in and gave me a ati agp x850xtpe as a tip (I fix computer for a living) which on new egg is a 400 dollar card.. as far as performance its great.. I think it sits in between the 6800 ultra and 7800gt.. maybe even better than the 7800gt but it only has 16 pixil shaders to the 20 7800gt has. So what im thinking about doing is just buying an amd 64 (a lot better one cause I can spend more cash if i dont get a video card ) just stick to an agp board for a little while (only 80 bucks) and just use this card until something better than the 7800gt comes out.. thens witch to pci express... WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK.. I am so torn.... I'm really leaning to just using this card.. heres a link

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102502

I've alwasy been an nvidia guy.. but this card kicks major ass.. Its an upgrade from my msi 6600gt which is still a good card.. just kinda out dated

if I just use this card.. (cause I got like 900 bucks to spend) I can prolly get an amd x2 4400 or something, like 2 gigs of ram, the best amd 64 agp board.. maybe even throw in a big ass psu even though the one I got now is great.. and just a bunch of other cool shit.. Thanks guys!!!

!!!!extremely happy!!! :D :D :D :D

use that card, its amazing, it is better than the 6800ultra actually its soo good it fills out AGP's bandwidth. it may only have 16 pipelines but then again so does the x1800XT and that card is amazing. stick with the x850xt pe for now, it'll play all your games perfectly including FEAR, damn u you lucky bastard

yeah the card kicks ass.. prolly gonna keep it and just upgrade everything else. I'm prolly still gonna get the amd 64 4000 wit the san diego core.. can't really see the point to the x2 series.. no games are duel threaded, no os is duel threaded, and gaming benefits more with a single core. by the time everything is duel threaded i'll want to upgrade again anyway. Maybe I'll spring for a fx-57 or fx-55. the mobo selection for amd 64 agps is very slim so that makes my options easy. I already got a antex amart power 450.. maybe ill get a new psu though.. and 2 gigs of corsair xms.. I already have a kick ass case.. and gonna have some new water coolers at work in a few weeks so will prolly get one of those.

ati agp x850xtpe, nice card have one in my spare computer and it runs everything I throw at in including Q4,FEAR,BF2 & COD2 all at full detail.

So use it, the only draw back(if you can call it that) is that your stuck with a AGP motherboard for a while. I know their is a AsRock dual AGP/PCIE motherboard (asus) but it only supports X300 series graphics cards.

BullDog(UK)

that will probably be fixed in bios releases or something, you cant keep a mobo as potential as that only playing x300 cards...

money_man said:
that will probably be fixed in bios releases or something, you cant keep a mobo as potential as that only playing x300 cards...

I agree, if they did bring out a bios update (motherboard limits aside) which would allow it to run at least X800 series cards then there onto a winner.

I'd get one ;)

BullDog(UK)

The X850 XT PE is pretty good considering it's price. The X1800 XT may have 16 pipelines, but the shaders and memory controller work way more efficiently and the memory interface is 512-bit.

Back
Top Bottom