Computer Help Needed! Pics Included!

It could be a bad hard drive as other's have said before. Or some peice could be loose, try pushing in all wires, [Mainly the harddrive]

Well your first mistake was buying a Sony computer and your second mistake is the same as your first

How did that help?

I live in Sacramento HRhunter.

I'll try pushing the wires. I haven't opened up the computer up recently so I don't think that has been the problem. Should I try unplugging the hard drive and see if it goes through without it?

No. That is the [Most likely] the source of the problem. Push it all in, and see if it works. :)

GreatHype said:
Well your first mistake was buying a Sony computer and your second mistake is the same as your first.

Ever had a Sony? I have a P2 sitting here that we got when they first hit the market, grand kids play with it. Have a P3 that my son in law is trying to fix, the poor thing was electrcuted awhile back by a near lightning hit and I'm conversing with you on a bottom line P4. Addmitingly the P4 has had problems but still it runs well. Have a near finished home built sitting here waiting for a new CPU. I damaged the CPU (AMD Athlon X2 3800+) and am waiting to hear from AND To see if they are going to help me or make me buy a new one.Started in this bussiness with IBM,s and the tried an Apple. Sony has been the best. Note I didn't say it "is" the best. I think the best is the one you are using and are happy with.

Pushed in the wires and no difference..

What are some things that could of happened? Should I grab an old 98 computer hard drive ( 6gb? ) and put it in and see if it goes through?

Disable smart option in the bios and reboot. If that fails, as the computers detecting the hard drive it boils down to MBR damaged or faulty hard drive. Boot from a floppy and check to see if you can see all the files on drive c (unless ntfs format), if you can see the files/folders etc re sys the hard drives boot sector e.g sys c: and then type fisk /mbr once finished reboot, Now if that fails then it's likely to be the hard drive that's got corrupted or has failed completely.

Post back and let us know the results.

BullDog(UK)

Back
Top Bottom