best buy's seagate 120 GB hard drive

No offense to those who know, but people at Best Buy, a lot of them, just don't know squat about comps, or, at least, know less than me when I ask them questions. It's interesting. I go there, ask them about, say, FAT32 or NTFS or something like that on a comp, and, they look at me all clueless and then they go get their manager and he goes off on how he'll be right back and then comes back with some sheet of paper talking about the differences between the two. lol... Sorry guys, but I just feel that some people working and getting money aren't really deserving it. Don't get me wrong... some guys there are massively smart comp wise. But, from my experience, a lot of guys just don't know their stuff. I acutally heard a "tech guy" telling a customer wrong info... *sigh*

yea it happens jac, but we must change that!! all apply for best buy!!! *raids* rofl jk i might wanna work there as well though if not the game depot

yeah it depends who you ask at best buy...one time i asked somebody moving stuff around the computer department who was like "i aint no much bout computers, you can ask one of them" ..but there are some people who know a lot

jac006 said:
No offense to those who know, but people at Best Buy, a lot of them, just don't know squat about comps, or, at least, know less than me when I ask them questions. It's interesting. I go there, ask them about, say, FAT32 or NTFS or something like that on a comp, and, they look at me all clueless and then they go get their manager and he goes off on how he'll be right back and then comes back with some sheet of paper talking about the differences between the two. lol... Sorry guys, but I just feel that some people working and getting money aren't really deserving it. Don't get me wrong... some guys there are massively smart comp wise. But, from my experience, a lot of guys just don't know their stuff. I acutally heard a "tech guy" telling a customer wrong info... *sigh*

U have a point there jac lol. I don't even know every there is to know about a pc but the funny thing is that most people come in there for regular shit. I'd say maybe 2 out of 10 actually asks questions about NTFS or something along the road because most people know not even to bother with stores like Best Buy or Circuit City when you can shop online or go to CompUSA.

Its funny you mentioned that comment about the "tech guy" (who are suppose to be the smartest lol). Anyway I went to CompUSA to check on a processor and all I asked was, "What motherboards do you have to support these two processors"(they were P4's. I was looking for a Socket478) and he is like "Oh you just have to look to see what it says. It really varies". I'm like WTF!!!

Back
Top Bottom