network encryption help

freudianhip

Beta member
i need help with my network key. i am trying to add another computer to my network but have forgotten the serial key. is there any way to change this?

yes.... you could be more specific with what router you have but I'll just guess. What you do is you type in the IP address in the URL bar in your browser then you sign in and you go to like security or wherever it shows you how what the encryption is then you just reverse the keymaker and youve got the key.

^thanks:) its a efficient networks speedstream 6300. i tried the above before but i was unable to do this because i do not know the default ssdi ...if that makes sense

I hope you didnt let a comp tech make an encryption for you because if you did you wasted your money and your probably gunna have to reset the router.

do i have any other options? i have this laptop with wi-fi but & a wireless router but can't get on the net :mad:

well you could reset your router and ask your brother to make another encryption. I made mine its really simple I just forgot where the word key was.

heh I actually made 1152 bit WEP for when the year 3052 comes rollin around so you should have no problem. Heres any easy way to do it but its harder. You get 3 dice and you toss them and write down the number that come up for what ever size WEP you have and you type those numbers in the key thing

WEP encryption is next to useless now, it's totally been cracked. Also it doesn't matter if you forgot the key. Simply log on to the router (as long as you know the user/pass) and change the key. I would recommend going to WPA-PSK if your router and nic's support it, if your running winXP (sp2) the windows wireless configuration already supports WPA. If your router doesn't support WPA but you want a secure connection to the internet try downloading ipig software it's free and secures you in a VPN type connection.

Hope that helps

BullDog(UK)

Back
Top Bottom