Computer Memory

Sphix

Beta member
I currently have 512 MB of ram and I am going to upgrade it soon. So what I would like to know is if which way is better:
-Two 512 Sticks running in Dual Channel,
-One 512 and one 1GB stick normal, or
-three 512 Sticks

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I just want the Best Performance for gaming. Is it possible to run Dual Channel with 3 sticks of ram?

no i dont think because dual channel implys two sticks...but for gaming get 2x512mb sticks then if u need more later get two more dual channel sticks

I would go with 1 512MB stick and 1 1GB stick it leaves you more room to upgrade in the future.

actually thats taking up more slots and if you dont get really good ram then its nice very good. get 2x512mb corsair XMS ram and that'll do you good i have it and i can play games without issues

Well, I dont really care for expansion right now, because I have 4 slots, and I'll never go for anything above 2GB anyway...

get the 2x512mb sticks, look at peolpes sig's and you'll see thats what we all use. and alot of us have gaming systems

2 512'S will do you good then... I have 2 512's and everything runs quite fast. Esspecially on start-up

Wouldn't it be better to get 1GB? Then you can have 4GB if you ever want to. Is 2 x 512mb have better performance or something?

Back
Top Bottom