Make it run quicker.

Jamxx said:
Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking too.

I'll bet you have 512 megabytes of RAM, and that measurement was calculated when your computer was running, so it was detecting the amount of free RAM.

So you think I already have 512MB of RAM? How do I check the total amount of RAM instead of detecting the amount of free RAM?

So from what I read:
512MB of RAM is MAX for a P3
and
100GB Hardrive is MAX for a P3?

Thanks again,

Cory

download everest (u can find it on google) and that will tell u everything anyway my dad has an old P3 and that only took SDRAM 100mhz so i would assume that urs is the same or something almost the same, i think the best u can do is have 512mb in there which would help quite a bit if u dont already and u can always try a 80GB hard drive and if it doesnt work take it back :D

lhuser said:
Whoa there. ANY P3 can recognise up to 100GB as far as I've hear. I'm running a PII tower witha 40GB HDD and its running fine.

For the Memory, A PIII won't hold more than 512MB. If you have some DDR266 slots, then we can go higher, besides that, no.
my p2 would see an 80gigger just fine but that same 80 gig in the p3 would not go past 32 megs. If the bios doesn't have 48bit lba support then 32 is all you get. If it has 48bit lba support you can cram in as much as you want. But As far as memory goes my p3 is rated to hold 1 gig. I just don't need that much. For what it does 384 works just fine.

Back
Top Bottom