Fan difference?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I am looking at buying a cooling fan for my computer, as i live in australia and it doesnt take much for this comp to warm up. My harddrives were running at 55c, so someone suggested i take the side case off and put my house fan on it for a day. I have just done this and now they are running at 30c. I am now going to buy a cooling fan but am wondering what difference that it will make? I do not Over Clock or anything.

Also, what is the average temperature for a harddrive?

Thanking-you,

Matt

if i were you and lived in a hot place i would 100% have liquid cooling, or put it by a window. a case fan will only do so much , u need something to put air right to the hd

system blowers are nice and some liquid cooling systems are very easy to install but are expensive.
I reccommend the Big water liquid cooling system

this one right here:

Thermaltake CL-W0005-01, BigWater SE 12CM Liquid Cooling Kit w/ 3/8" Fittings

is selling at a local store for $159.99+ hst and thats in canadian prices, it'd be cheap down there and would do the job...i think this is good at least, its one of those drive bay ones

if u have the money by all means get liquid cooling but if u dont get some case fans what fans do u have in there now? also u can get fans for the hard drives like this http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=993560&CatId=495 but im more worried about the cpu because if the hard drives are that hot the the cpu must be dying :S, find out the rest of the temps in the comp like cpu, vid card and motherboard and tell me all the fans that u have in there now

Mattyl110792 said:
Hi,

I am looking at buying a cooling fan for my computer, as i live in australia and it doesnt take much for this comp to warm up. My harddrives were running at 55c, so someone suggested i take the side case off and put my house fan on it for a day. I have just done this and now they are running at 30c. I am now going to buy a cooling fan but am wondering what difference that it will make? I do not Over Clock or anything.

Also, what is the average temperature for a harddrive?

Thanking-you,

Matt

my temp right now, for my hd, is at 49C. I would recommend liquid cooling too, phase change if you have the $$$.

Hi,

This may shock you, but i currently have no cooling devices installed. I cannot seem to find a tool that shows all temperatures, so if you know of one please let me know.

Thanks,

Matt

I already had Everest, but didnt realise it had the tempertaure in it. Here is what it says, remembering that the fan is currently on it:

Field Value
CPU 48 °C (118 °F)
Aux 37 °C (99 °F)
WDC WD400BB-00JHA0 39 °C (102 °F) - This is a 40gb harddrive
Maxtor 6B200P0 33 °C (91 °F) - This is a 200gb harddrive

Is this hot?

Thanks

Matt

Back
Top Bottom