somewhat of an illegal question

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
i want this for infomational purposes only not to actually do it... and to the mods if you are not satisfied please just shut down the thread no questions asked

this guy i know farely well played halo 2 like 2 months before it was released...i asked him how and he said it was illegal and walked away...i know he somehow got it off the internet... will someone please PM me and let me know...

~Paul

bittorrent and other sites released it but it had some issues, lots of people beat it though way before it was out. most of the sites that hosted it had to remove it. its not illegal to ask how to do something, its illegal to do it and so since this is for informational purposes only i cant see why someone would shut this thread down

what is the difference between bittorent and like P2P, i know they host illegal files and all.

well bittorrent doesn't connect u to just one or two people, it connects u to hundreds or even thousands of ppl.
So often u will get really fast downloads.

To me, everyone downloaded something like this from the internet, unless your rich from the beggining. Myself confounds with this, but whatever. Peer 2 Peer and Torrent is the two main. MIRC is another one too.

One thing,Just because it's free doesn't mean that if you get caught using it, there's consequences for it. Unfortunately, it will never stop.

Same can be said for P2P, mammikoura.

P2P means Peer to Peer obviously and it is a phrase used to classify file sharing software. (IE. Limewire, Kazaa, Win MX) And share files between users with the same software.

However a torrent is a file that you access of of a webpage on a server. You need a Torrent downloader to download them, They come in a .Torrent format (Alot like .Zip which most of you are familiar with. Only that you can pause and restart the download where you left off) When you get a Torrent downloader your not confined to one network of people, torrents are everywhere, on all sorts of sites.

Also, Torrents standardly hold more files in them (A Series of Episodes of something versus Downloading them one by one on P2P) And (If your lucky) Can have more people uploading to you than P2P allows.

Edit after the two posts: All Support the F2D Movement!

Games which havent been released always get leaked onto P2P...We always have copies of games floating round our school. For example- "most wanted", we had that even before it was released in america. Completly illegal, and of course being a responble moderator I have no part in these dealings, and I therfore discourage these dealings and reccomend you to steer clear of them as well...

TBH I've never seen pirate console games floating round on P2P networks, I've never even seen a Mac game there either.

Not that I'd ever do such a thing. I know people who do it, it's just so pointless, you spend forever and ever downloading the thing, then you've got no technical support, no discs, you have to use a dodgy serial number which is being used by a million other people and therefore prevents you from playing online, you don't know what kind of dodgy code is included within the crack...

Is it really worth it? No. I'd rather pay and buy a fully functioning legal version than wait.

But I do know a guy who pirated loads of games, and I tried them. As a result, I now know I really don't want to buy Quake IV or Civilization IV - I got to try them even though demos aren't available.

BUT, may I clearly mention that P2P is not 100% illegal. Some files contains Windows XP Themes, Basic Free stuff and such

Back
Top Bottom