EU & Microsoft.

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
I heard about this everal days ago. The EU is fining microsoft for not meeting their demands. They were
The code must be avaible to be seen so programers can make comptiable programs.
Media Player and Internet explorers must be a OPTION.

Failure to comply HEAVY FINES. If they don't pay I don't know what would happen maybe EU wouldn't enforce privacy laws aganist their product. That'd be really funny. Could you imagine that a public affairs commerical saying you may use, and abuse Microsoft products as you feel free and not ever be in any sort of danger or legal trouble.

I'm looking up links now. I'm just going from off a 30 second video clip I saw on the newsd on TV the other day.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051222/ap_on_bi_ge/eu_microsoft

I think its about time someone does a crack down. Internet Explorer needs to be a option. I know alot of poeple who have doen a lot with Mircosoft but one thing they can't seem to get rid off without the system not working right is IE and media player. I think those things do need to be options. I think Mircosoft needs to get taught a lesson. Frankly I wouldn't threaten fines i'd threaten making it legal to priate the software. Those affects would go WAY beyond fines I think micorsofot then would look at like theres 300 million poeple or w/e being able to priate our software in public without worry of legal action would get mircosoft moving. And them having to make technical things easier to understand um, we aren't talking about the avg joe looking at this code. THey should be able to translate the stuff themselves just as easly. They have 5 weeks to comply with demands or they'll be put back in the spotlight AGAIN this time the EU will go hard down on them. I think the article said antitrust authories won't be present. I mean really any game, or any program you can get the code some how. Only microsoft has been able to do this. And its not even there code. ITs apples foundation in which they simply built up on. Even those I use microsoft only because its the only OS that is mainstream beyond belief and not all games run on other OSes.

I think it's unfair. Microsoft is the one who makes the OS's, so if Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player are included, so much the better. Becides, Windows Media Player is pretty good anyways. Internet Explorer isn't that bad either, it actually handles Macromedia Flash better than Firefox can.

Microsoft is sueing everbody that taes a name that looks like their names, but they were first. Now, MS names it and sues the other ones. Now, if M$ don't pay, I wish them to go out of business

Yeah, but EU is making them pay because of Internet Explorer and Windows Media Player. They're completely different situations.

IE and WMP are annoying, i wish they were options. i hardly ever use either, iTunes/realplayer and firefox are what i use, and having the option not to have IE and WMP would be good...

Then just ignore them. I do. I'm using Firefox and Windows Media Player 10 and I haven't used or even thought about using Internet Explorer for ages.

this has been going on a while hasnt it!

they ordered microsoft to release a version of XP without media player and ie.
which microsoft did... they were very smart tthough and titled it...

Windows XP Reduced media version or something like that!

The EU deemed this unacceptable though lol, i wonder why!

this is all fragments of a story on yahoo a while back!

Back
Top Bottom