Ati radeon x800? or Nvidia geforce 6800?

Is he going for pci ex. or agp? Because if pci ex., screw both of them and go for an x1600xl. Or even a x1800xl if you can get it. If agp, then, by far, the 6800gt if you can manage to find one. Then, a gs then.

BigLu said:
My X800 is amazing, I recommend it, I have no experience wiht the 6800, I do have to say that I like nvidia drivers better, and they just released teh new drivers that increase performance of their cards 20%

My x800GTO is amazing too, and I do have experience with 6800's. The x800 is better performing in most games, and does exceptionally well in games that require AA and AF. The 6800 might win in Doom 3 because of the shaders, but in action games like FPS games, the x800 is a better choice.

HRHunteRHR said:
My x800GTO is amazing too, and I do have experience with 6800's. The x800 is better performing in most games, and does exceptionally well in games that require AA and AF. The 6800 might win in Doom 3 because of the shaders, but in action games like FPS games, the x800 is a better choice.

I have to agree, I've got 2 Computers both with similar specs, one has the X800XL and the other has the 6800-GS. Gaming wise the X800XL on BF2, Quake 4 & FEAR can run at full detail without a problem. The 6800-GS however runs BF2 on medium and struggles on high, but runs Quake 4 and FEAR ok (slighty lower fps) on high detail.

So, my personal testing shows the X800XL just in front.

BullDog(UK)

BullDog(UK) said:
I have to agree, I've got 2 Computers both with similar specs, one has the X800XL and the other has the 6800-GS. Gaming wise the X800XL on BF2, Quake 4 & FEAR can run at full detail without a problem. The 6800-GS however runs BF2 on medium and struggles on high, but runs Quake 4 and FEAR ok (slighty lower fps) on high detail.

So, my personal testing shows the X800XL just in front.

BullDog(UK)

Yea pretty much anything with zombies or mutated creatures the 6800 runs great, and the x800 too, bu the 6800 wins dark and zombie games. if you're getting strategic shooters such as the Half-Life and Counter-Strike series (including source), BF2, COD2, and other FPS games, get the x800. I know it's hard to not go with nVidia, but on this topic I think the x800 clearly beats the 6800. That's what it was meant to do. The 6800 may have a high memory speed, but then look at the 200+MHz lead on the core GPU. Then again, it pretty much boils down to what you play. If you play a combination of those, get the x800.

yea the only games i play are:
bf2, bf2:sf, hl2 and counter strike nd day of defeat(source) and cod2... so i guess ill be lookin at the x800 its a lil cheaper neways:D

Yeah, I have that same card, well, gpu, rather, and it runs amazing... games, that is. CS:S, F.E.A.R., halo, etc.

Back
Top Bottom