Graphics cards

Joeyjoejoejnr

Solid State Member
Hey is there much differerence between these Cards. Will be using them for gaming and would prefer it if they had Transfom and Lighting Hardware, for a star wars game.

ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress 200 with up to 128MB
128MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700 Graphics card
128MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600 Graphics card

Thanks

don't get any of those cards for gaming. All of them are quite bad for games, if u can't spend much then get like a 6600GT which is quite cheap and will be enough to run all of the current games.

Yeah sorry,

Have a laptop with ATI 9200 graphics card. Looking to upgrade or exchange laptop for one that I can use for gaming. I have a 60Gb hard drive and 512Mb RAM, with a pentium 4M 3.06 processor. The game Imtrying to Play is Starwars and it require Transform and Lighting Hardware.
Can you recommend weather I should upgrade or get rid of if, and if so what steps Ishould take/ do..

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Intel Pent 4 is horrible for laptops.

May I suggest a Intel M, with a Nvidia Geforce Mobile 6200 or 6600 GO.

"a pentium 4M"
He is most likely trying to tell u that it is a Pentium M!

If u can get like a 6600 Go or even 6800 Go and another 512 ram that would run any current game on good settings.
If u play only that star wars game of yours then find the recommendations for that game and get that vid card.

I have an ATi Xpress 200M in my laptop, and, believe it or not, it'll run most games fine (of course, with low settings, but it still runs well). It'll easily play GuildWars, Project: Snowblind and Unreal Tournament 2004.

mammikoura said:
"a pentium 4M"
He is most likely trying to tell u that it is a Pentium M!

If u can get like a 6600 Go or even 6800 Go and another 512 ram that would run any current game on good settings.
If u play only that star wars game of yours then find the recommendations for that game and get that vid card.

No, there are pentium 4 mobiles... they're out there. The x200 will runs games just fine... just on low settings... but, otherwise, you'll be fine...

More here... http://www.intel.com/products/processor/mobilepentium4/

So, can I just get a new video card installed and it should be all good?? Can the graphics card card be upgraded ?? So will the ATI 9200 be sufficient or will that be removed and replaced with say 6600 Go or even 6800 Go, that was recommened??

Cheers again

Back
Top Bottom