wat causes the most lag

badninja3

Daemon Poster
is it noramlly ram? hdd's? cpu?

or of those 3, wat causes the most lag, generally speaking. like in a computer that u would buy from say... best buy or dell or w/e

In games, the most lagg is caused by graphics card. Not having enough ram in your computer, causes lag of all kinds, and having a crappy processor, makes the whole computer slow.. And as long as the hard drive isnt full, then that USUSALLY isnt a problem, unless, you have a bunch of mindless shit on it, with no use. Or if you dont defrag, or clean it up.

when i lag it is usually because of the graphics card if it isnt able to deal with so much action going on in a game. Like warcraft for instance it lags alot because of the huge battles and such.

I never lag :p

But it's usually the RAM if you have a good CPU.

PS. I sometimes, almost never lag.

Is ECC RAM considerably slower than normal RAM, say we're talking about ddr400?

either the graphics card or slow internet connection...or if you parts are getting too hot that can cause significat lag

oh, well my current hdd is pretty much uncluttered but its only 5400rpm, pata?(IDE), and i think it connects at 66 somthing. i dont remember wat speed it connects at. but its like 4 years old. do u think that thats slowing me down.

my processor is a athlonXP 2100 at 1.7ghz(stock), and i have 512mb pc2700ram.

everything is slowing u down! :p

Are u just meaning like windows starts up slowly and takes a long time for some programs to start etc? If so then it's most likely the ram.

ya i kno my setup is crap. and ya it takes years to start anything. lol. so u think its ram? not my old-ass hdd's? i thought it would be the hdd's, but if u say so... ill beleive u.

Back
Top Bottom